Soft top flap

My seatbelts have never flapped either. Well, maybe once. ;)
WRECKED JEEP1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

WRECKED JEEP (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Paparock1 and Kon
Wow! I know the story since I'm Greek and I happen to work in the shipping business, but didn't know it was common knowledge. Apparently there was a sketch in Oz.

I recently purchased a TJ without rear seat belts .. not realized until I wanted to give the grands a ride :-(

I recently purchased a TJ without rear seat belts .. not realized until I wanted to give the grands a ride :-(
IMO, the rear seat of the TJ is not a safe place to be in the first place for long distance driving.

In my case, the TJ served as a 4-people vehicle only for short distances with the top down and mainly on the islands in the summer where there are no high speeds anyway.

The bigger issue for me is the constant flapping of the rear seatbelt straps if the side windows or top is off.
There is a product called a “quik strap” sold in some home centers, online and tractor supply- they come in different lengths- they are a 2” wide elastic strap that has an end to loop it back and velcro- they won’t crush your roll bar pads too much -

Andy

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Holy fuck! How did this happen?
Not mine. A local 17 year old guy rolled it on (and off) the street. He had no serious injuries. His mom was trying to sell it for $1500 AFTER the wreck. Seatbelts are a must when anyone rides in my Jeep.
wrecked jeep2.jpg

wrecked jeep4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think the back seat belts would've done much in that wreck ^^ sheesh man, that looks horrible

The back seat comes out the first day. I've had 3 Jeeps, used ZERO back seats. I should sell mine too. Seat belts are out too, always config my Jeep to be a 2 seater. Makes it the ideal dog wagon, and I play music...so I'm hauling gear around.

I put a piece of plywood in the back with some indoor/outdoor carpet on it. I'm actually using the one from my YJ now...here it is with a bunch of dog fur on it ;)

IMG_0389.JPG

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Velcro "Onewrap" is the go, I used to have to get it from US but they sell it now in OZ 3' x 2" is the best, Its good for tightening the straps on a spare wheel trash bag when they hang too low, I use it where stuff needs to be strapped before being bagged like tents and self inflating mattresses.

IMO, the rear seat of the TJ is not a safe place to be in the first place for long distance driving.

In my case, the TJ served as a 4-people vehicle only for short distances with the top down and mainly on the islands in the summer where there are no high speeds anyway.
My TJ is primarily a TOAD for the Motorhome .. long distance driving is definitely not in the cards ... that said, I would still like the capability to seatbelt the little ones for a ride every now and then.