Soft top header rotting: Can I replace the header without replacing the entire frame?

Vidar

TJ Enthusiast
Removing my soft top for painting prep, and I found the drivers side is rotting and the plastic is cracking. Any way to replace the header without having to replace the whole frame? If so, where can I find one, new or used?

This is for the factory soft top frame on my 1997.

Yes, Bestop (the OE supplier) of Mopar factory soft tops sells replacement headers. Just give them a buzz and they'll get you one.

Yes, Bestop (the OE supplier) of Mopar factory soft tops sells replacement headers. Just give them a buzz and they'll get you one.

Thanks @Chris. Looking at the part, and a few threads on here, it seems like the new part is all plastic, is that true? My OEM has the metal tube running through it for added support (although it's also great for attracting rust). I saw one thread stating that the all plastic header they had warped. Any worry with that? Better to look for a clean used header versus new?

Thanks @Chris. Looking at the part, and a few threads on here, it seems like the new part is all plastic, is that true? My OEM has the metal tube running through it for added support (although it's also great for attracting rust). I saw one thread stating that the all plastic header they had warped. Any worry with that? Better to look for a clean used header versus new?

The one I received from Bestop is all plastic, but it's extremely thick, durable plastic that wouldn't warp.

I wouldn't hesitate to run a Bestop header.