Soft top header seal

Alski

My soft top is not clamping tight on each end of the windshield header so I am guessing the soft top header has compromised with age. Does anyone know the model number or if all years are the same header?

My soft top is not clamping tight on each end of the windshield header so I am guessing the soft top header has compromised with age. Does anyone know the model number or if all years are the same header?
Do you know if it's the OEM top or if it's an aftermarket?

Are you referring to the rubber seal on the top of the windshield frame that the soft top header bar clamps to?

Part number is 55395101AB for '97-'06

There is a Crown version and the Mopar version, big difference in price. I opted to get the mopar because of so many reviews stating the adhesive on the crown didn't hold. Ordered it from an online dealer and took about 2 months to arrive (backordered). Haven't bothered to install it yet but looks just like the original.

I replaced mine recently with the OEM as well. I wanted a good seal since I was putting a new hard top on because I moved to a very wet and snowy location in Ontario Canada from the desert. In fact it’s raining like crazy out there as I write. No leaks by the way. I even fixed the leaks where it came in at the doors. Finally dry inside.

I found if you push down hard on the outside corner and clamp it shut at the windshield at the same time the corners "snap" into place and seal, at least on a new top they do.
I'd clean your header rubber really good with some Simple Green first, it conditions and revives rubber trim, then try it?

Reactions: Alski
I found if you push down hard on the outside corner and clamp it shut at the windshield at the same time the corners "snap" into place and seal, at least on a new top they do.
I'd clean your header rubber really good with some Simple Green first, it conditions and revives rubber trim, then try it?
It seals better thanks. Is the header (not the rubber across the windshield but the plastic bar with clamps part under the soft top) possibly bowed at the ends and needs to be replaced?

Reactions: Tray Burge