Soft top header won't latch completely

ChilipepperREDTJ

So I’ve bean driving the Jeep like this sense September... (crazy right) the driver side latch locks in place like it should but the passenger side hooks in but doesn’t latch down completely.
The road noise is fucking crazy and I don’t want my top to rip off can someone help me if I just need a new latch or a new windshield header thanks

0C7174F5-42B0-4A91-9392-F014A32AB63E.jpeg

F38952A4-75F8-4CC4-91ED-F94895DD2750.jpeg

Undo your rear quarter panel sail panels. Then latch the front. Then run a strap of some sort around the soft top bow at the back and pull down. Then re-attach the rear sail panels. It helps, a lot, if the top is warm. Put a space heater in your jeep for an hour before you try this.

Nevermind, I mis-read your post. It looks like your latch is sprung. It looks like you may need to replace them.

Is that a factory top or aftermarket? Some aftermarket tops have adjustment holes on the B pillar mount. (Others and factory tops don't.) Look directly behind where the fron seatbelts mount and down a bit.

I had a latch that was sprung slightly (less than yours). Mine took a big torx to remove it. I put it in a vise and took a hammer to it. Then I re-installed while waiting for my new latches to arrive. It's been that way for six months now, with no problems. The new latches are still waiting to be installed. It's up to you. If I had had the new latches at the time, I would have just put them on though. I can be a little impatient.

Reactions: Steel City 06