Soft top removal

bruceco

TJ Enthusiast
When I bought my 2000 tj it had the hardtop on and the softop in many pieces.I have had it on all summer and when I get to putting the hardtop back on I wondered how to take it off the easiest way so when I put it back on it won't be such a battle.Should I just fold it back and take out the 4 screws on the roll bars ,leaving the loops in place or another way.
Thanks for your input.

Really has to do with your space. If you have space, just take the four screws out and leave it assembled. I don't have have to roll up the top every year :(

Really has to do with your space. If you have space, just take the four screws out and leave it assembled. I don't have have to roll up the top every year :(
That. No point in taking the top apart once it is assembled. Hopefully you have a spot to store it, or hang it. I've done both. With the bows, it's not an easy thing to throw on a shelf, but it can be done. I leave the roll bar brackets on the Jeep year round, just store the top and door surrounds.

I just fold mine down like I'm going topless, remove the 4 screws and use Bungie cords to keep the top nice and tight, and zip ties around the bars where they bend just before the screw holes to keep everything from flopping around.

I just fold mine down like I'm going topless, remove the 4 screws and use Bungie cords to keep the top nice and tight, and zip ties around the bars where they bend just before the screw holes to keep everything from flopping around.
Good idea, thanks.