Sold the TJ—have a new project

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
As some of you know, I sold my TJR back in September. As I love this group and forum layout, I'm gonna hang out here and share my new project and build. Goals for this - nice cruiser with the ability to do some work. So, I'll introduce my new $400 J20. I love old FSJ's and always wanted one. One done is out of my budget but a build up over a couple years is more feasible and I got a little bit more free time.

I also got a J10 from the same guy for 400 bucks as well, just don't have a pic. It'll be on the back burner for a future truggy build.
20201107_135511.jpg

Awesome! Love the J trucks. I've always dreamed about finding one but they are all pretty rough it seems and I just don't have the time right now.

Reactions: T_Hase89
NICE! I have a buddy that is into J trucks. He's had 4, I think. Down to one, currently. He bought it out of Atlanta, its a J20 with a 360.

This is a 360 truck as well. I'll be bringing it home next week and start the process of full disassembly. First goal - go through drive train, blast frame and paint. Replace all suspension components. Then move on to body work. I'm excited. Anytime I see a J truck I about break my neck to look at it and they are few and far between in my area. Road worthy anyway.

Very cool, most of my family (fathers side) are from the Metropolis area, are you near there?

Nice truck. Back in 1979 or 1980 when I was working in a grocery store, the owner bought a new Jeep truck. Two tone, white and pale yellow. He let me drive it somewhere once. It had the manual transmission. Don't remember what engine was under the hood. What stood out to me was the dash center mounted speedometer.