Solenoid issues

jonesnoahr

I recently got a badland zxr9500 winch and had some issues with the winch getting stuck on the "in" position which is really not safe. I got harbor freight to replace the solenoid and the replacement did the same thing. I reversed the wiring on the solenoid and switch and now in works but it gets stuck on "out". Do you guys think that I got a second bad solenoid? Could it be something in the winch or controller rather than the solenoid?

I recently got a badland zxr9500 winch and had some issues with the winch getting stuck on the "in" position which is really not safe. I got harbor freight to replace the solenoid and the replacement did the same thing. I reversed the wiring on the solenoid and switch and now in works but it gets stuck on "out". Do you guys think that I got a second bad solenoid? Could it be something in the winch or controller rather than the solenoid?

without a wiring diagram its a little hard to start guessing, at the least - pictures would help a lot.

A good simple check would be to remove the cable from the drum (a pain IK, but it allows you to test in relative safety) and then check voltage on the signal wire to the solenoid. This will help to diagnose if the problem is a sticky solenoid, or something telling the solenoid to stay engaged.

Sounds like controller.

Use jumpers to test solenoid block without controller. Search is your friend. Do not need to remove cable, pull out 10 ft.

One more reason to buy Warn.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper