Some of the best car commercials I can remember...

Well Chris, I have been thinking about this since I first saw your post. The American Motors ads for the Javelin and AMX come to mind, they can be found on you tube. But my all time favorites were some that were on TV when I was a young child. I have not been able to find any on you tube or elsewhere. Too bad because a link to a video clip would help the description. They were for an oil company named GULF, and had people driving around with no car, just sitting on the pavement with their hands out front like they were on a steering wheel moving up and down the street. Of course there was the hot rod guy with goggles shifting gears and laying rubber, you really had to see it to appreciate.

B

Well Chris, I have been thinking about this since I first saw your post. The American Motors ads for the Javelin and AMX come to mind, they can be found on you tube. But my all time favorites were some that were on TV when I was a young child. I have not been able to find any on you tube or elsewhere. Too bad because a link to a video clip would help the description. They were for an oil company named GULF, and had people driving around with no car, just sitting on the pavement with their hands out front like they were on a steering wheel moving up and down the street. Of course there was the hot rod guy with goggles shifting gears and laying rubber, you really had to see it to appreciate.

B
I absolutely remember the GULF commercials! What a trip down memory lane! :D

Reactions: Baird