Some people have more money then brains

The more you make the more you spend.

I didn’t care. Just blew my mind that the couple bought the property just for the land.

like the saying goes location location location.
There is a lake near my house. Its had a bunch of old cottages on it. Stuff built in the 50's. Small lots, smaller houses. This lake is VERY close to the highway exit (maybe 5 miles) so its in a very convenient location. Its about 4 hours from Chicago...So "Chicago people" (no offense @jodomcfrodo ) with Chicago money are doing the same thing...actually they are buying two houses and lots, tearing both down and building McMansions on the lake. Its kinda disgusting to see, but only because I grew up fishing that lake and I remember how quaint and friendly it used to be. Now people are angry if you fish in front of "Their" view. They take their $150,000 wakeboats out and drive around in circles for hours, churning up the water. All the fishing is ruined and like I said, its definitely not friendly anymore. Rumor has it that the lake association actually hired some shady dude to fill in the public boat ramp so they could prevent basically anyone with a trailer boat from getting in. About the only thing you can launch now is a 14" rowboat that can be carried in. Then, if you're out there in that boat, you'll get swamped from all the monster wakes.

There is a lake near my house. Its had a bunch of old cottages on it. Stuff built in the 50's. Small lots, smaller houses. This lake is VERY close to the highway exit (maybe 5 miles) so its in a very convenient location. Its about 4 hours from Chicago...So "Chicago people" (no offense @jodomcfrodo ) with Chicago money are doing the same thing...actually they are buying two houses and lots, tearing both down and building McMansions on the lake. Its kinda disgusting to see, but only because I grew up fishing that lake and I remember how quaint and friendly it used to be. Now people are angry if you fish in front of "Their" view. They take their $150,000 wakeboats out and drive around in circles for hours, churning up the water. All the fishing is ruined and like I said, its definitely not friendly anymore. Rumor has it that the lake association actually hired some shady dude to fill in the public boat ramp so they could prevent basically anyone with a trailer boat from getting in. About the only thing you can launch now is a 14" rowboat that can be carried in. Then, if you're out there in that boat, you'll get swamped from all the monster wakes.
That's happened around a place I used to go every year with my family...the whole quiet ,friendly place is since gone.

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch