Someone tried to buy my TJ on the spot

gg1

TJ Enthusiast
It was kind of funny, but some guy at a store saw me pull in and he looked at my TJ and asked if I would sell it. He knew what it was and knew it was the last years of the best of the best. I flat out told him no and didn't even entertain an offer. I wanted to add, I might sell my Audi S5 and just only drive my TJ. It is just so much fun. Love driving something old school on the road. Driving and Audi S5 is wildly overkill. If I am not going 140mph it is really kind of boring. Jail isn't something I fancy, so that is why it bores me. Hope to have this TJ for a long time!

It was kind of funny, but some guy at a store saw me pull in and he looked at my TJ and asked if I would sell it. He knew what it was and knew it was the last years of the best of the best. I flat out told him no and didn't even entertain an offer. I wanted to add, I might sell my Audi S5 and just only drive my TJ. It is just so much fun. Love driving something old school on the road. Driving and Audi S5 is wildly overkill. If I am not going 140mph it is really kind of boring. Jail isn't something I fancy, so that is why it bores me. Hope to have this TJ for a long time!
Sooooo what was the offer??

I've had 3 people inquire me about buying my 97 sport. I've owned several cars before that and none of them were desirable enough for people to walk up to me and ask about purchasing it. It really is quite something.
I've had my Rubicon for less than a month and Ive JUST been asked if its for sale!

Reactions: gg1
Everyone has a number, though many of ours are probably far and away higher than what someone "should" pay for a TJ/LJ.

There's a couple of guys around here locally that want dibs on mine should I decide to sell it. Then there was the guy who said it was my fault he bought a JKU as I wouldn't sell him my LJ.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and rasband
My wife took our '04 TJ to a local Jeep club meeting. One of the club members who was currently without a Jeep walked around it when she pulled up and offered her $20K right there. She politely said no.

I told one guy he'd best get in good with my kids as they'll be the ones to end up with it when I'm gone.

Out of the clear blue I had 2 guys ask if I wanted to sell my house couple of years ago. My house is next to a grass airstrip. I don’t fly except in Ripley. I kinda knew one guy and that he flew but didn’t know who the other fellow was. I’ve had shooters ask if a firearm that I owned was for sale but never a vehicle.

I've not had any offers on my jeep yet, but everytime I drive my 1967 VW beetle, everybody and their brother asks me if I want to sell it. I can't park it outside of the garage because people will knock on the door and ask if they can buy it. My wife finds it extremely annoying. Lol

Reactions: JMT