Sorry, but it's an axle thread

I don't understand why you want that size stud and that is a silly hill to die on. Stock width should be something that G2 can do off the shelf but not with that stud diameter. Stock width is bizarre but they should be able to do it or very close to it. Why stock width?

9/16" because that's what I have now and it's easier for them to install the off the shelf studs during assembly than it is for me to do it.
Let's not forget that their mission statement is to solve my needs!!!
They didn't just deny me the 9/16 stud, but also 5x5.5, and also refused to just leave them out.
As for stock width, my front Currie 44 is stock width, I also just spent $4k on new wheels and tires. The 3.5 backspace keeps me out of the front lower control arms and I despise the turtle look. It is almost as ugly as a slant back top and angry grill.

Reactions: Weasellee
9/16" because that's what I have now and it's easier for them to install the off the shelf studs during assembly than it is for me to do it.
They didn't just deny me the 9/16 stud, but also 5x5.5, and also refused to just leave them out.
As for stock width, my front Currie 44 is stock width, I also just spent $4k on new wheels and tires. The 3.5 backspace keeps me out of the front lower control arms and I despise the turtle look. It is almost as ugly as a slant back top and angry grill.

Oh shit. Did you just dog my $50 marketplace Rampage too? Damn.

• Haha
Reactions: Old Pueblo
How did you get 9/16" studs in the front 44 hubs?
That hasn't been true for quite awhile.
Are you sure you understand that correctly? Not doubting but it seems very odd that they don't do dual drilled rear axles any more.
I agree with you on the slant top but what are you calling the turtle look?

How did you get 9/16" studs in the front 44 hubs?

That hasn't been true for quite awhile.

Are you sure you understand that correctly? Not doubting but it seems very odd that they don't do dual drilled rear axles any more.

I agree with you on the slant top but what are you calling the turtle look?

The front Hub comes with 610-149 1/2"x20 studs. They have a .625 knurl so I cross referenced to a 610-278 that is 9/16x18. It was an easy swap and the studs are longer. I dont remember the part number for the stock 1/2" rear studs but they crossed with 610-300 in the rear.
While Curries mission statement is obviously no longer true, it IS still listed on their website.
Yes, I got that right. The axles for their rear 44 are just off the shelf Motive/ ten Factory/ etc. 35 spline axles. They are the same as I have now and are dual drilled. Still, they said no to 9/16" studs, they said no to 5x5.5 and they said no to just leaving the studs out... I had conversations with them a couple times on this. I gave up on getting their 44 and thought their 60 would be good, but they told me those axle shafts are 5x4.5 only and not dual drilled.
Like I said, they
refused to take my money!! LOL

I ordered a Dana 60 from Fusion yesterday.

Turtle: When the wheels and tires stick out much further than any reasonable necessity.
hideous turtle bonus points when the ghetto tire isn't even as wide as the rim!!!

7269-1-1995-wrangler-jeep-suspension-lift-6-xd-armor-chrome-super-aggressive-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Weasellee