Soundbar Speaker Wiring

Ransom Keener

I have a 2000 wrangler sport that was originally a soft top but was converted to a hard top and currently has non- functioning soundbar speakers I was looking for a diagram but all the diagrams have completely different wire colors than the ones I have found coming from the radio which is aftermarket but I have found the factory harness and the colors are still completely different anyone able to provide some help???
There is no wires to trace back from the speakers unfortunately.

I have a 2000 wrangler sport that was originally a soft top but was converted to a hard top and currently has non- functioning soundbar speakers I was looking for a diagram but all the diagrams have completely different wire colors than the ones I have found coming from the radio which is aftermarket but I have found the factory harness and the colors are still completely different anyone able to provide some help???
There is no wires to trace back from the speakers unfortunately.

Ok I just hooked up a new head unit and used Crutchfield stuff. So right rear on my head is Purple (+) and purple/Black (-) and its the same on the Crutchfield harness. But on the other side (factory side) of the harness connector the colors are Blue /white (+) and blue/pink (-).

For the left rear it is Green(+) and green/black (-) for the head unit and Crutchfield harness but brown (+) and brown/blue(-) on the factory wiring.

Hope that helps.

IMG_20240315_162019243_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240315_162010425.jpg

If your factory harness is intact, you should have wires going to the front, and wires that should be going to the back. If you can tell which is which, adding new wires to the old should be easy. If you're still not sure, post a pic of the harness so that we can see it.

Ok I just hooked up a new head unit and used Crutchfield stuff. So right rear on my head is Purple (+) and purple/Black (-) and its the same on the Crutchfield harness. But on the other side (factory side) of the harness connector the colors are Blue /white (+) and blue/pink (-).

For the left rear it is Green(+) and green/black (-) for the head unit and Crutchfield harness but brown (+) and brown/blue(-) on the factory wiring.

Hope that helps.

View attachment 509753

View attachment 509754

This has helped alot especially with the pictures thanks for the info hopefully I should have a functioning soundbar soon!

This has helped alot especially with the pictures thanks for the info hopefully I should have a functioning soundbar soon!

Did you get this sorted? I just picked up an '00 (with a Kenwood single din) and the front speakers work, however not the sound bar. I'm going to try and get in there this afternoon and see what I can come up with.

Did you get this sorted? I just picked up an '00 (with a Kenwood single din) and the front speakers work, however not the sound bar. I'm going to try and get in there this afternoon and see what I can come up with.

I did, I ended up taking the old head unit out and redoing all the wiring done by the previous owner and it had fixed it. I'm not sure if the Kenwood harness is similar to the pioneer but if it is I can help you with sorting the wiring out.👍

I did, I ended up taking the old head unit out and redoing all the wiring done by the previous owner and it had fixed it. I'm not sure if the Kenwood harness is similar to the pioneer but if it is I can help you with sorting the wiring out.👍

Awesome. Did you use the existing harness and just re-do what the PO had done? Or did you order a new harness and start fresh? I'm going to mess with it over the weekend. I might pick your brain along the way, thanks.