Sourcing 2000 4.0 manual radiator?

TJ Starting

The Seven Slots of the World
Supporting Member
Though I smell coolant on the way home from work. Sure nuff, got home and she’s draining.☹️

IMG_5450.jpeg

Looks like the condenser rubbed a hole. Anyone know of a genuine mopar nowadays?

Though I smell coolant on the way home from work. Sure nuff, got home and she’s draining.☹️

View attachment 497847

Looks like the condenser rubbed a hole. Anyone know of a genuine mopar nowadays?

If you want mopar, I installed this over the summer. The autos will work on the manual, just ignore the extra cooler ports. I’m sure others will chime in on all the non-mopar options as well.

https://www.wermopar.com/

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
55037653AB​
Engine Cooling Radiator​
$387.27​

If you want mopar, I installed this over the summer. The autos will work on the manual, just ignore the extra cooler ports. I’m sure others will chime in on all the non-mopar options as well.

https://www.wermopar.com/

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
55037653AB​
Engine Cooling Radiator​
$387.27​

Looks like I should get started on selling both of my thumbs, yikes.

Is there even any non-mopar that have fairly good consistent reviews?

Believe Denso is the current consensus, should be a few recent threads on it.

Edit fixed Denso spelling

This is what I used when my tank crimps failed on my second Mopar radiator with less than 7k miles. I've got somewhere between 10k & 15k miles on the Denso now with no issues so far.

This is what I used when my tank crimps failed on my second Mopar radiator with less than 7k miles. I've got somewhere between 10k & 15k miles on the Denso now with no issues so far.

Good to hear.

Mopar is getting tough to find. Most are reporting good quality from Denso which is what I'd go for if I couldn't find a Mopar. And as above, double your chances of getting the radiator you want by including those for automatic transmissions too which work just as well for TJs with a manual transmission. The automatic transmission cooler is separate from the radiator so it can be left uncapped. Or maybe use it as a power steering fluid cooler.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I had a radiator guy in town put one in he recommended. I don’t remember what brand, but he ordered it and it looked just like the original Mopar one and he gave a year warranty.
I just noticed your avatar. Did you know a Hi-Lift will fit in the rear of the TJ behind the rear rollbars? A couple big u-bolts with wing-nuts works well to hold it so it's not outside on display like that waiting to get rusty.

Ordered a denso after the good reviews and a savings of $300 over the mopar. Have always had good luck with denso just didn’t know they sold radiators till you guys mentioned them.

Delivered today but I guess I’ll have to see if rockauto will let me try again. Never have had to return anything from them till now.
IMG_5483.jpeg

• Face Palm
Reactions: macleanflood
Good luck. Their return service is terrible. You will have to ship it back at your own expense if they do not accept the issue. I am sure they will accept yours though, at least I hope they do.

I tried to send back a brake pad and rotor kit for my wife's car which didn't fit and ultimately kept the kit because it was going to be $200+ (over half the price of the kit itself) just to ship it back to the warehouse where it came from. The reason RockAuto wouldn't accept it on their dime was because I received "what I intended to order" (total BS).

I thought that a nice upgrade from the solid rear rotor to a vented rear rotor would be a great idea. However the description of what the kit included was not just a description, but a warning/requirement that meant if my car did not come with a vented rear rotor this kit would not fit. Keep in mind that it was in the provided list of parts made for the year, make, model, and trim level of her car. There was no warning anywhere throughout the whole purchase process that would have told me it would not fit on a car with a solid rear rotor. I even went to the manufacturer site and they didn't have it listed anywhere. I have a love hate relationship with them because of this.

Lesson learned was make sure 10000% what you order is what you actually want to get, including verifying fit on something you haven't installed yet.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Good luck. Their return service is terrible. You will have to ship it back at your own expense if they do not accept the issue. I am sure they will accept yours though, at least I hope they do.

I tried to send back a brake pad and rotor kit for my wife's car which didn't fit and ultimately kept the kit because it was going to be $200+ (over half the price of the kit itself) just to ship it back to the warehouse where it came from. The reason RockAuto wouldn't accept it on their dime was because I received "what I intended to order" (total BS).

I thought that a nice upgrade from the solid rear rotor to a vented rear rotor would be a great idea. However the description of what the kit included was not just a description, but a warning/requirement that meant if my car did not come with a vented rear rotor this kit would not fit. Keep in mind that it was in the provided list of parts made for the year, make, model, and trim level of her car. There was no warning anywhere throughout the whole purchase process that would have told me it would not fit on a car with a solid rear rotor. I even went to the manufacturer site and they didn't have it listed anywhere. I have a love hate relationship with them because of this.

Lesson learned was make sure 10000% what you order is what you actually want to get, including verifying fit on something you haven't installed yet.
Yeah I’ve always been a little worried myself about customer service after delivery but like I said till now I’ve never had an issue. On their website they even say they’re an online only company with no number to call for help which is a little iffy. So far though thankfully it looks like I’ll get a cost free on my part exchange. Having trouble getting the return label though so I’ll have to try tomorrow on my work computer.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford