Southeastern NC

Boomer1958

Supporting Member
Wanted to introduce myself. Joined in February but did not close the deal on my TJ unlimited until recently. Bought a red 2004 LJ with Rally Tops 2 piece hardtop. 4.0 with 4 speed auto. Super clean and original.
I live near Holden Beach NC which makes it difficult to find a jeep that is not a rust bucket. This one came out of Dallas Texas and has no rust or body damage. 13k was the purchase price.
Excited about the build. Want to do some off road,/trails and be able to tow behind motor home. Considering 3 inch lift with 33's on 17 inch wheel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KIMG2998.JPG

KIMG2995.JPG

KIMG2997.JPG

Welcome! That’s a nice clean jeep. You should check out Uwharrie. The offroad trails open April 1st. Stop in the eldorado store for a day pass or season pass. You can air down and back up there as the forest entrance is just down the road. I am out in Raleigh,NC and get out there several times a year. Let me know when you plan to go or post on the thread “ list of Carolinian off-roaders”. Have a some barely used OME 2” coils front and rear. Extended front Swaybar end links. Also brand new Currie 3” LJ springs and a spare set of 16x8” rubicon rims if you are interested.

Thanks for the welcome. We have a small farm near Bennett NC. We went to Uwharrie's a couple of weeks ago and rode the forest roads and really enjoyed. Found a trail going to the lake that convinced me to go ahead and install a lift and wheels. Better yet convinced my wife it was a necessity along with bumpers, armor, etc.

Being new to the forum, if someone will give advice on where/how to post for certain conversations, that would be appreciated. Don't want to bug anyone.