Spare tire rattle with MORryde / Exogate?

No rattle with mine. If the plating and roll bar bracket are tight along with the rubber snubbers set correctly so that the tire is tight against them, there’s really nothing that should be rattling.

Reactions: skrelnik
No rattles with my MORryde at all. You've got to make sure the spare tire is nice and tight up against the snubbers though!

Reactions: skrelnik
Just got my exogate in the mail, getting ready to install. My issue is I'm replacing the swing away bumper that the PO installed so I don't have the original tire mount. Im running 35" tires on 15" wheels with 3.75" backspacing. Is finding the original TJ carrier my best bet? Or does anyone make and aftermarket one that will fit better? Or am I gonna just end up having to make one? Id rather not have to space out the snubbers ridiculously far like Ive seen some others end up doing.

Thanks.

Just got my exogate in the mail, getting ready to install. My issue is I'm replacing the swing away bumper that the PO installed so I don't have the original tire mount. Im running 35" tires on 15" wheels with 3.75" backspacing. Is finding the original TJ carrier my best bet? Or does anyone make and aftermarket one that will fit better? Or am I gonna just end up having to make one? Id rather not have to space out the snubbers ridiculously far like Ive seen some others end up doing.

Thanks.
I have the Exogate/Morryde as well. Here's mine with the stock carrier with 3.75" backspacing. I used the spacers that came with the kit for the top snubbers. For the bottom, the spacer wasn't thick enough, so I used a hockey puck.

(33x10.5x15 BFG A/T and stock rear bumper for reference)

morryde11.JPG

morryde15.JPG

Reactions: Sean Allen