WTB: Spare Tire Snubbers

Jamison C

Heil Savvy 🙋‍♂️
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I am once again asking for your financial support. Anyone have spare tire snubbers laying around? I would need 3.

Thanks!

I’ll take them from whoever can get them to me soonest so I can stop the rattling 😆

Let me take a look at lunch. Pretty sure I got you covered.
This is what you are after correct?

1714585057995.png

Reactions: Wildman
I do have 3 or 4 but they have been shaved down for whatever reason. Not sure they will work for you but you’re welcome to them.

IMG_4872.jpeg

Since TJAZ is closest to ya see if those will work. If they don't or you need more let me know and I'll find mine that I took off a while ago. I know I haven't thrown them away just yet.

Reactions: Jamison C
Since TJAZ is closest to ya see if those will work. If they don't or you need more let me know and I'll find mine that I took off a while ago. I know I haven't thrown them away just yet.

Thank you!

I only need about an inch out of them to extend my current ones, so those might work perfect.
Unless you are heading to Phoenix in the next few days, I will try to get them mailed today or tomorrow.
PM me the address you want me to mail them to.

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks everyone. I’m gonna use the ones from @PurpleTJAZ since they’re already cut, but I might go the 3D route if they end up not working.

Reactions: rasband
ASA would be better, if you can get the print temp. ASA is basically ABS, but more resistant to UV (which ol' Jamo will probably appreciate)

I do have aero ASA for my high altitude balloon projects, so we can save weight on the snubbers too!

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_H
ASA would be better, if you can get the print temp. ASA is basically ABS, but more resistant to UV (which ol' Jamo will probably appreciate)

I used and recommend TPU @ 95A with 75% infill. That is basically the same density as the factory rubber, and TPU has decent UV (Not quite as good as ASA) and heat resistants. It works great in outside applications.

Reactions: Mike_H
I used and recommend TPU @ 95A with 75% infill. That is basically the same density as the factory rubber, and TPU has decent UV (Not quite as good as ASA) and heat resistants. It works great in outside applications.

The issue here though is we don't need the same compliance throughout. The existing snubbers are against the rigid tailgate, for example.

The issue here though is we don't need the same compliance throughout. The existing snubbers are against the rigid tailgate, for example.

Well the model I posted goes between the body and factory bumpers, so TPU keeps the tailgate from getting damaged by a hard plastic. Not really an issue what you make it out of though. Could be wood.