Sputtering upon starting

Cginley

My 2002 sahara will start up normally then after driving for at least 20 minutes and turning the motor off it sputters and doesn't get a lot of power when I try to start it the next time. It is running a bit warm, not in the red but gets up to around 220 degrees. If I give it more throttle when starting it the sputtering goes away. It never sputters after i start driving only when starting the motor. Not sure if anyone has any advice.

My 2002 sahara will start up normally then after driving for at least 20 minutes and turning the motor off it sputters and doesn't get a lot of power when I try to start it the next time. It is running a bit warm, not in the red but gets up to around 220 degrees. If I give it more throttle when starting it the sputtering goes away. It never sputters after i start driving only when starting the motor. Not sure if anyone has any advice. My jeep has been in Connecticut for the past 5 years but I just brought it to South Florida so maybe the heat/humidity change has something to do with it.