SRS code 06: Crash zone sensor 2

First tj

Hi there this is my first TJ and am beginning to find all great information. I just purchased a 01 Sahara. Air bag light came on soon after I purchased it. I did the solder light bulb trick but that did not fix my problem. I do not believe it is my clock spring. I did however get a SRS code 06 Crash zone sensor 2. Left rear wheel speed/ signal failure. Have tried to research this but have found nothing. I would appreciate any help.

A bad clock spring could definitely cause an airbag trouble code. There is no "Crash zone sensor 2. Left rear wheel speed/ signal failure " on a TJ. The only sensor at the wheels is an ABS sensor. The only "crash sensor" is the lone air bag sensor that triggers the air bags. Its location is inside the passenger compartment, under the very front of the center console in front of the shifter.

This is the entire SRS system on a TJ. There are basically two parts that can fail the clock spring or the control module. I have replaced 1 control module and 100’s of clock springs. If the light is on I’m 99% sure it’s going to be the clock spring. The one module I replaced was due to it being submerged.

The only other cause could be if the Jeep was in a collision and someone “fixed” it and the bags were deployed and they screwed around and repaired the air bag covers and didn’t replace them. I have seen some pretty impressive hack jobs people had done and it was very hard to tell that they “repaired”the bags. But I doubt that’s the case.

F505C57E-33BF-4FC0-A5A2-BF0FA4A1DAAF.png

831D1352-6813-414C-9D3D-8694B0CF5D32.jpeg