Steel box radio housing

DUBL BP

20230821_201010.jpg

Anybody familiar with this design radio housing? It's a steel box, texture painted. Has 2 slots at top and one on bottom, I believe the slots are for a clear plastic cover to protect radio from mud/water. It's made specifically to fit the factory radio tab mounts. I'd like to find a plastic cover.

Last edited:
Got it. Thank you

You're welcome. It looks like they're discontinued. My previous Jeep came with one, it was really annoying and was the first thing I removed when I got it home. If you didn't pull off the cover, it rattled incessantly while driving, and it was a hassle to install and remove every time you use the vehicle.

You're welcome. It looks like they're discontinued. My previous Jeep came with one, it was really annoying and was the first thing I removed when I got it home. If you didn't pull off the cover, it rattled incessantly while driving, and it was a hassle to install and remove every time you use the vehicle.

Thanks for the heads up. I think a clear plastic lens for mud/water protection would be more useful. Too bad there's probably not anything available for it

Thanks for the heads up. I think a clear plastic lens for mud/water protection would be more useful. Too bad there's probably not anything available for it

Probably not for that box. But, you could get a cover for your head that they use to install in boats... or just go with a marine radio...