Steering dampener failed on 2022 Rubicon

It’s under warranty yes but I drive this vehicle way up north and in Canada pulling sleds. If it breaks again I would need to either take small roads and not drive faster than 30-35 or take to dealer. I thought about buying and extra dampener and learning how to install myself. I can’t leave my car somewhere 509 miles away to get repaired. That’s why I’d sell. I love my jeep just.need it to be reliable. I’ll check out wheel weight. Thanks

It’s under warranty yes but I drive this vehicle way up north and in Canada pulling sleds. If it breaks again I would need to either take small roads and not drive faster than 30-35 or take to dealer. I thought about buying and extra dampener and learning how to install myself. I can’t leave my car somewhere 509 miles away to get repaired. That’s why I’d sell. I love my jeep just.need it to be reliable. I’ll check out wheel weight. Thanks

You should sell the Jeep just to free yourself of the anxiety it creates.

Reactions: ger0
I would have the Dealer retorque all the steering components, check track bar and bracket. Also maybe ps pump fluid is low or pump is failing if you are having hard steering issues.

I would have the Dealer retorque all the steering components, check track bar and bracket. Also maybe ps pump fluid is low or pump is failing if you are having hard steering issues.

May also signify the underlying cause is an issue in the steering box. I don’t know how they work though. I know they can cause DW if they have play on the pitman arm. I don’t know why the dealer is trying to fix it with steering dampeners. It’s gonna be right back at the dealer within 100 miles.

Last edited:
The dealer is ordering a steering dampener but a mechanic told me jeep has had this issue forever and can’t fix it. I don’t want to get stranded in the winter. Advise please?
Do this... Problem solved.

IMG_0614.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: P man

If your primary reason for buying a jeep is to tow, there’s better options out there.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition

The dampener only suppresses the issue....the issue is still there, and will keep wearing dampeners out until it's issue is fixed

Solid axle vehicles will do this...check that everything is tight....especially the track bar. And that the wheels are properly balanced and it's all aligned properly. My buddies jk did this and we fixed it just by getting the alignment done properly

Reactions: MikekiM