Steering shaft bracket help

atup1996

I bought a steering intermediate shaft bracket off of FactoryChryslerParts.com for a 2000 Wrangler the part number was 52058856AB the bracket came in the mail and it looks different then what’s on my Jeep now. It looks like I could get everything bolted up I’m just worried that it will bind the steering up since it looks shorter then the bracket on it now. Does anyone have any information on this?

M.O.R.E. makes a taller steering shaft bracket for TJs with a body lift. It’s generally not necessary at 1” of body lift, but may make the steering somewhat smoother and reduce the stress on the u-joints.

Is it possible you have that bracket and just now received a stock one? The MORE bracket is about 1” taller. Do you have a body lift?

I just checked the part number you stated on a Mopar parts website against a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and it states that this part does not fit your vehicle. I think you should start there, double check, use your VIN, and try again. This is the site I used: Mopar Parts Giant.

While you're messing around with it you need to pack the big needle bearing that thing mounts with grease.