Steering stabilizer question

Joethrottle81

I was tracking down an issue with my 2000 wrangler. Caster is at 6.5 and my steering felt stiff. Wherever I turn it will stay and not return to center even one inch.. I just took the steering stabilizer off and could barely push it in or pull it out. It’s super stiff. Then I went for a ride a wahlaaaa, it drives perfect again.. I’ve been trying to figure out this issue for a few weeks now and a guy I kno advised me to check the stabilizer. Well I am now driving with no stabilizer and she drives awesome. I do want to run a stabilizer tho. What should I do or is there a different problem with my jeep. ???

I am feeling the same problem with my steering, and the stabilizer is very stiff. I think I’ll try driving with it off. Did you discover a good solution?

Get a new stabilizer
X2, make sure it's a hydraulic and not gas-charged. Monroe and Rancho's RS5000 would both be good choices. And a hydraulic stabilizer is nothing more than a hydraulic shock that is valved 50-50. It will naturally be very stiff to push in/out with your hands.