Steering stabilizer recommendations

A steering damper is nothing more than a very basic hydraulic shock valved 50-50 so it resists equally in both directions. OE NAPA, Monroe, or Rancho would be good choices. What you have to make sure of is that what you're buying includes the tapered driver's side mounting stud that is removed when the original OE steering damper (aka stabilizer) is removed.

The RS5000 Rancho steering stabilizer includes that required tapered mounting stud, it's what I run.

A steering damper is nothing more than a very basic hydraulic shock valved 50-50 so it resists equally in both directions. OE NAPA, Monroe, or Rancho would be good choices. What you have to make sure of is that what you're buying includes the tapered driver's side mounting stud that is removed when the original OE steering damper (aka stabilizer) is removed.

The RS5000 Rancho steering stabilizer includes that required tapered mounting stud, it's what I run.

Thanks Jerry! Still recommend the RS5000 with a 0" inch lift?

I bought the Monroe from Amazon, my old one was leaking so I could tell a big difference. The old tapered mounting stud was a pain to get out!

I bought the Monroe from Amazon, my old one was leaking so I could tell a big difference. The old tapered mounting stud was a pain to get out!
Yep. This is how I had to get mine out...

IMG_1059.jpg

Reactions: TDB55
I noticed a small leak and wondered where it was coming from. After looking around, it seems to be the stabilizer/damper. As a new member of this forum, I figured (hoped) that someone posted about it so I could learn more. Glad to have found this thread. Thanks for starting it Mconder40 and for all who responded - very helpful!

stabilizer.jpg