Steinjager steering kit

No, no, and no again.

DO NOT
run a crossover steering setup on your TJ with stock axles, please.

There is absolutely no reason to go changing to a crossover steering setup and deviating from the factory Haltenberger style setup on a TJ equipped with stock axles. All you're doing by installing that piece of garbage is asking for more problems, believe me.

For more info, read this thread: What is the best steering for my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

The best steering you can get for your TJ is the Currie Currectlync, hands down. Yes, I realize it's costly, but as we always say, buy once, cry once.

If you want to do something on more of a budget, the ZJ steering upgrade is a great choice.

Sorry for the strong intro there. I just hate seeing people being mislead into somehow thinking that a crossover steering setup is a good idea. It works great on the right application, but your TJ with stock axles is not it.

But Chris, they come in so many pretty colors, who cares if it works or not! 😎

Let's just remember, Steinjager also makes these:

1492-1000x1000w.jpg.png

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: mots
It is like the rest of their stuff, nothing new there. There are a few issues with it. There is no provision to stop the draglink from flopping around. The tie rod has to be removed to set the toe since it has bends in it. The pic shows it with a dropped pitman arm which says a fair bit about what they understand. The tie rod should be running lower misalignment rod ends with HD shanks. The high misalignment rod ends in the draglink will wear pretty fast so keep some on hand, you're gonna need them.

FYI Chris, just because they make limb risers doesn't mean anything. Lots of folks need and run them so that in and off itself doesn't mean anything. The merit of each product is far more important.

FYI Chris, just because they make limb risers doesn't mean anything. Lots of folks need and run them so that in and off itself doesn't mean anything. The merit of each product is far more important.

I know, I was more or less just poking fun at the limb risers. I know people use them, they always just looked silly to me. I’m sure they work though.

I know, I was more or less just poking fun at the limb risers. I know people use them, they always just looked silly to me. I’m sure they work though.

I can think of once or twice that I've needed them...but since I'm not in sub-Saharan Africa, it's not a daily thing. I do like their pretty steering color choices, though.

Reactions: Chris