Stereo amp install questions

RedJj

Installed undash - amp A new head unit. Now center console sub is not working. I'm sure I miss something in the wiring harness As the remote wire has to connect to the new amp where do you connect the sub in the console in the wiring harness?

I can't really tell from your post what you did.
I think you installed an amp under the dash & a new head unit. Now the sub in the center console isn't working.

We need some more information to help you.
1. What speaker(s) is the under the dash amp connected to?
2. The wire from the new head unit that is used as a remote for the amp is usually blue. (It may be listed as the power antenna remote.)
3, Is the sub in the console still powered by the factory amplifier? (If so, someone more familiar with the factory setup will have to help you. My jeep already has it removed.)

Amp speakers are connected to rear nerf bar speakers. Connected blue power antenna lead to amp. Yes it is replaced that sub speaker awhile back didn't remove amp. Now not sure how to connect it now .

Last edited:
Amp speakers are connected to rear nerf bar speakers. Connected blue power antenna lead to amp. Yes it is replaced that sub speaker awhile back didn't remove amp. Now not sure how to connect it now .
The factory sub takes the audio signal from the other four speakers. The wiring for the sub is literally T-d into the wiring for the front and rear speakers.

But I believe that the factory amp also gets 12 volt power from the head unit. When you replaced the head unit did you make that connection?

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
RedJj,
Are you using any of the original speaker wiring from the headunit to the four speakers? If you aren't, then you may have bypassed the audio signal going to the original subwoofer amplifier. The diagram below shows the subwoofer amp is getting it's audio signal from a splice into the signal wire for each of the four speakers.

It also looks like the factory subwoofer gets it power from a wire directly from the fuse block that is powered when the jeep is switched on.

SUBWOOFER2OF2-XL.png

RedJj,
Are you using any of the original speaker wiring from the headunit to the four speakers? If you aren't, then you may have bypassed the audio signal going to the original subwoofer amplifier. The diagram below shows the subwoofer amp is getting it's audio signal from a splice into the signal wire for each of the four speakers.

It also looks like the factory subwoofer gets it power from a wire directly from the fuse block that is powered when the jeep is switched on.

View attachment 306790
What year is this? The reason I ask is that on my '04 there is also a 12v feed from the head unit as I noted. The OP is in an '03 - I'm not sure it's the same.