Stevemack's 2002 Jeep Wrangler

Stevemack

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello everyone...As with anything JEEP, we all know that most people are constantly changing parts and trying new things. So just a quick rundown on my TJ and how it's currently setup. It's used and abused and keeps asking for more. We hit the trails here in the northeast once or twice a month and partake in club rock crawl comps, and off road challenge events. Our next one is 36 Hours of Uwharrie scheduled for next month.

-2002 4.0L 6cyl, 5 Spd tranny with B&M short throw shifter
-NV241J 4 to 1 xfer case
-Novak cable shifter
-HP Dana 30, Yukon Chromo axles, Timken bearings, Synergy BJ's, HD brackets, 4.88's, Yukon Grizzly locker
-Dana 44 Ten Factory Chromo axles, 4.88's, Yukon Grizzly locker, Clayton Off Road truss
-Bilstein 5100's
-Clayton 4" springs
-Clayton radius arm long arm, front
-Clayton long arm, with 5" stretch rear frenched frame, outboarded shocks
-Clayton skid plate
-GenRight Alien aluminum fuel tank w/skid plate
-GenRight stretch body armor, rear
-GenRight 4" fenders, rear
-GenRight 4" fenders front
-GenRight rear cross member bumper plate
-Barnes4wd stubby bumper
-Warn M8000 winch
-Rigid 10" LED
-RockHard 4x4 Sports Cage w/ floor tie-ins
-Uniden CB, 3' Firestik
-RuggedRadio handheld
-JK Seats w/Bartact seat covers
-Homemade gear rack(Harbor Freight ATV hitch rack modified to fit across the rear cargo area )
-SWAG Offroad Action Packer gear storage
-Drake QR Fire Ext mount
-First aid kit
-Pelican 20Qt cooler mounted/secured
-full recovery kit/spare parts/fluids/tools on board
-ARB compressor underhood
-currently on 35" MTR's and Pro-Comp rims
jeep1.jpg image001.jpg
jeep2.jpg

What an impressive build! If I may ask, what did you choose to coat the Clayton skids with? Powder coat/Paint/clear coat? I'm about to go deep into a teardown/rebuild and I'm adding the Clayton skids & want to protect the raw metal the best I can.

I'll look for pics.

Yes, they fit. You have to modify your TJ seat sliders/brackets and fab some brackets to get them to mount up nicely.

They were a little wider and the way I positioned them on my sliders, they wouldn't go all the way back on the slider. I'm not that tall, I didn't need the additional legroom so it wasn't an issue.

I have since swapped them out for some PRP Daily Drivers.