Still some issues with the new Rubi

Rickster

This TJ has everything. 4.0, hard top, tilt, cruise, auto, leather interior, yadda yadda. I'd be surprised if it didn't have an HO engine. I'm a co-founder of another Jeep specific site and we have a VIN decoder so the guys can get more information on their Jeep's. Is there one for these Wranglers? Also, I have a bad exhaust leak. Could be a loose flange, cracked tubes, I dunno yet. One shop quoted me over $800 to replace BOTH headers. Does an '04 TJ with the 4.0 have two manifolds?!

Reactions: dimension12
Weird, TJs never came with leather, that must be aftermarket. I'd love to see photos!

Here's the link to decode the VIN on your Wrangler: Jeep Build Sheet Lookup

The 2004 TJ will have two exhaust manifolds, yes.

Weird, TJs never came with leather, that must be aftermarket. I'd love to see photos!

Here's the link to decode the VIN on your Wrangler: Jeep Build Sheet Lookup

The 2004 TJ will have two exhaust manifolds, yes.
I should specify.....just the rear seat and front buckets are leather. And yes, they're original. Not aftermarket. I'll try to grab a pic.

I should specify.....just the rear seat and front buckets are leather. And yes, they're original. Not aftermarket. I'll try to grab a pic.

IMG_20171220_135422271_HDR.jpg

I've never seen a TJ with factory leather seats... ever. Is it some sort of special edition or something?

I'd love to know the factory option identifier on a build sheet or the part number on the seat so we can add it to the database. To my knowledge no TJ ever came stock from Chrysler with leather seats, the closest was the APEX edition that had a very think vinyl. I have seen many TJ's output by AEV with a leather option, although rest assured this was not a factory option.

Build Options Database:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wrangler-tj-stock-specifications.71/#post-176

Reactions: Starrs
Yep leather was never an option for the TJ (it was for JKs) but many dealers have local work done like that. I used to build customized/lifted Jeeps and trucks for new Jeep/truck dealers and occasionally they'd have a local leather upholstery shop install leather seats too. Some upholstery shops can do such great installations that they look better than most factory leather jobs. There are aftermarket sources for brand or model-specific leather like the above Rubi-Trux seats which definitely didn't come from Jeep. :)

Precisely what I thought @Jerry Bransford.

I know that to this day, most dealerships will install leather as an add-on option provided by them, in-house. Usually they get the leathers from Katzskin, which does indeed make some very nice (and very factory looking) leather replacement seat skins.