Stock Air Box Flew Off While Driving & Irrepairable. CAI?

CryptoYeets

Recently when I was driving my air box flew off and broke the plastic on both ends. On Ebay it's looking like it'd be around $100-150 to replace with a used air box, so I'm thinking of just upgrading to a CAI. Will an intake for the 2.5/4.0l engine fit on the 2.4? The price difference between CAI's for those engines are insane. $150 for a 2.5/4.0 and $280 for a 2.4l

Thanks!

I just checked the link, those are for a 2.5/4.0l and unfortunately I have a 2.4l. My real question here was if a 2.5l/4.0l CAI would work on a 2.4. I just looked at under the hood pics of the engines and I figured out why they won't work on mine. oh well. thanks for the help!

Do some more searching...
I found the lower section of your air box in less than 3 minutes for $59.95 on EBay.
Contact the seller; he may have others available.

Intake air box

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Hi guys,

I'm also looking for a replacement air box for my 2.4 liter. I'm not interested in a cold air intake. I've checked eBay and Google and deadjeep.com over the past several weeks and am not having any luck. If anyone has a line on one or any other ideas I'd appreciate a heads up on here.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm also looking for a replacement air box for my 2.4 liter. I'm not interested in a cold air intake. I've checked eBay and Google and deadjeep.com over the past several weeks and am not having any luck. If anyone has a line on one or any other ideas I'd appreciate a heads up on here.

Thanks
You could post a want ad or ISO (in search of) on this site or other Jeep forums.
Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.

You could post a want ad or ISO (in search of) on this site or other Jeep forums.

Thanks. I'm new to this. I don't use Facebook at all but I can give Craigslist a shot. Is there a specific section on the forum here where I'd place an ISO posting? I'll dig around and see what I can find too.

Thanks again