Stock Bumper Extension/End Caps

TJim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey everyone,

Today I removed the extensions from my stock bumper. I think, I like it (I do not want to change bumpers, I like that they are not heavy, since I am trying to keep everything light). I think, I should remove the Mud Flaps too.

The Question is: has anyone used these end caps? (photo) Do you have any photos with them?

1588871126185.png

Before:
IMG_0717.jpg
IMG_0721.jpg

After:
IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg

Last edited:
I had them for a while when I had a stock bumper. Quickly mangled them when I hit the bumper off of a rock. They have no function and I took them off since I couldn't get the passenger side one back in after the bumper got bent. They look a little better I guess, but no real reason to buy them.

I have them. See my avatar. I like them. Gives a more finished look to the bumper. I can add more pictures if you can’t see them.

If you want to shorten the width of your bumper it's quite easy to maintain the original shape and still use the end caps. I cut 3.75" off each end of mine and reinstalled the caps.

Not a detail shot but you get the idea ...
picture.jpg

Thanks for the answers and the photos!

I also removed the Mud Flaps today.

I will just leave it as it is for some days/weeks, and might buy the end caps. They are cheap.