Stock fog light swap from halogen to LED?

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Anyone know off the top of their head if I disconnect the stock fogs and replace with 2 LED fogs, can I cut and splice the wires so I can use the existing wiring and just simply connect the new lights.

In theory the LEDs are only drawing 10w each and the stock fogs are drawing 50w each, so it could use the same wiring thats installed on the TJ, right?

Also anyone have any tips or tricks about unbolting the stock fogs if the nut inside the bumper is rounded off already from a previous owner? Lol.

Anyone know off the top of their head if I disconnect the stock fogs and replace with 2 LED fogs, can I cut and splice the wires so I can use the existing wiring and just simply connect the new lights.

In theory the LEDs are only drawing 10w each and the stock fogs are drawing 50w each, so it could use the same wiring thats installed on the TJ, right?

Also anyone have any tips or tricks about unbolting the stock fogs if the nut inside the bumper is rounded off already from a previous owner? Lol.

You should be able to do this, it worked for me.

As for a rounded off nut, you could always remove the bumper and use some pliers to get it off. The bumper is easy to remove.

Reactions: americanwrkmule
You should be able to do this, it worked for me.

As for a rounded off nut, you could always remove the bumper and use some pliers to get it off. The bumper is easy to remove.
You did a basic cut, splice, and swap job? Left the existing wiring and upgraded the lights? What lights did you go with?

Also I can't grip the nut good enough with pliers on the underside of the bumper, its too tight of an area. I think I may have to shear it off somehow, or take a hacksaw to the bolt on top of the bumper but under the light bracket.

Reactions: Chris
Not a bad deal at all!
That wasn't even the deal this was...
Screen_Shot_2016_09_12_at_1_31_03_PM.png

Reactions: Chris
Nice, those should look good!
They went to like 90% off randomly, how could I turn them down. I wanna get the matching set of headlights KC has for the TJ. They're just like $500.

They went to like 90% off randomly, how could I turn them down. I wanna get the matching set of headlights KC has for the TJ. They're just like $500.

That happens sometimes on Amazon. That's why I always bookmark things I want and check them on a daily basis. You never know when they'll be heavily discounted.