Stock spring rates

I got some free take-off 2006 TJ springs and other parts about 2 years ago, from some folks that were moving. Someone must have done a lift and such, because I also got some stock control arms, bumpers, steering stabilizer, rear track bar, sway bar links, and various nuts and bolts. I used the bumpers on my son's 2005 RME TJ, and may use some of the other parts on my 2005 LJ.

The front springs are 129AB and the rears 104. I don't see that combo in your chart.

Last edited:
I got some free take-off 2006 TJ springs and other parts about 2 years ago, from some folks that were moving. Someone must have done a lift and such, because I also got some stock control arms, bumpers, steering stabilizer, rear track bar, sway bar links, and various nuts and bolts. I used the bumpers on my son's 2005 RME TJ, and may use some of the other parts on my 2005 LJ.

The front springs are 129AB and the rears 104. I don't see that combo in your chart.

I'm sure @StG58 pieced it together using multiple years, and his table is just a general guideline. The parts manual assigns spring part numbers based on a 3 digit spring sales code that I haven't figured out how to decode yet and I'm sure it took a lot of work just to figure out what he did.

Some of the part numbers don't even exist in my 97-99 parts manual. Maybe they weren't differentiating hard top vs soft top in 99? Or maybe Sahara was getting Sport springs and then started getting Rubicon springs when Rubicon launched?

I still haven't figured out what significant weight differential there could have been between a Sport and a Sahara. As far as i know, a tan interior weighs the same as a black one. Rocker carpets can't possibly weigh enough to affect ride height. I'm likely to put Sport springs under mine and if it's still low I'll just throw on some 3/4" spacers.

1609175576454.png

1609175636137.png

I would guess the 5605 numbers for the rear are probably LJ and 5206 numbers are probably Rubicon because when starting a project, it's customary to block out a range of unused part numbers that share the 4 digit prefix. If the prefix is different between versions of the same part, it's a fair guess to say they were created and designed at a different time. Unfortunately it can't be assumed that the prefixes would be used chronologically, so you can't tell for sure which one came first, just that they weren't at the same time.

1609175502501.png

1609175551871.png

Reactions: StG58