Stock tire iron doesn't fit new wheels

You own a Jeep. Buy some tools.:rolleyes:

What do you think I'm doing? I'm oh so sorry that I'm not so far tool advanced and as mechanically inclined yet as you. I live in the city, I don't have a garage I can work in, and I don't have a lot of storage space. I buy what I need and I try to keep it to the minimal.

My old steel wheels were 33lbs and the tires were 29 lbs (62lbs total) and my new wheels are 22lbs and tires are 42 lbs (66lbs total). I don't think the 4lbs should make a difference, but I do appreciate the heads up!
You’re going to attach a bike rack and two bikes to the tire carrier?

You’re going to attach a bike rack and two bikes to the tire carrier?
Yes. I had the old bike rack on the spare for 15 years and never saw an issue when carrying 2 bikes with my old steel wheels and tires. Looks like my new wheel/tire set weighs 4 lbs more. Why, have you also had a bad experience with the tire carrier not being able to support the weight?

Yes. I had the old bike rack on the spare for 15 years and never saw an issue when carrying 2 bikes with my old steel wheels and tires. Looks like my new wheel/tire set weighs 4 lbs more. Why, have you also had a bad experience with the tire carrier not being able to support the weight?
Yeah, I read that. I guess it's okay since you never swing open the tailgate with the bikes and rack on, because everyone who runs a 33" tire or bigger on here gets some kind of aftermarket spare tire carrier because they're just too heavy for the stock hinges and tailgate, but that's with us opening and closing the tailgate. So, it sounds crazy what you have done/are doing, but I guess it's fine if you don't swing open the tailgate with all that extra weight on there!

Yeah, I read that. I guess it's okay since you never swing open the tailgate with the bikes and rack on, because everyone who runs a 33" tire or bigger on here gets some kind of aftermarket spare tire carrier because they're just too heavy for the stock hinges and tailgate, but that's with us opening and closing the tailgate. So, it sounds crazy what you have done/are doing, but I guess it's fine if you don't swing open the tailgate with all that extra weight on there!

I guess I just never considered it as it always seemed plenty sturdy to hold - google seems to say that the weight limit is 50lbs which really just covers the spare, eh? I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I'll look into an aftermarket carrier that supports more. Last thing I want are these bikes and spare breaking off while driving down the interstate...

Any rec's on type to support the weight?

Any rec's on type to support the weight?
For a tailgate mount, the Exogate/MoRyde (same thing), but it sounds like you'll be ok without it.