Stock TJ with 33 inch tires only—anyone have pictures?

Westtown Willy

TJ dummy
Supporting Member
I’m looking for photos of a stock appearing TJ with only 33 inch tires added (and any lift you may have to accommodate them), but otherwise zero visible aftermarket alterations or modifications.

It’s an LJ, but Stock+ plus a winch is where it’s at right now. Bumpers are next, but here it is just before the winch install with 285/70R17s which are listed at 32.8”. OME 934/949 springs.

4CBE0D06-C341-4EB6-BC38-63FBC87A87A2.jpeg

And for fun, here it is for the drive to the shop for the lift install. Stock with 33’s!

CC513856-1DBA-46B3-9F23-765ACADB0309.jpeg

Glad I didn’t hit any speed bumps on the way!

It’s an LJ, but Stock+ plus a winch is where it’s at right now. Bumpers are next, but here it is just before the winch install with 285/70R17s which are listed at 32.8”. OME 934/949 springs.

View attachment 235883

And for fun, here it is for the drive to the shop for the lift install. Stock with 33’s!

View attachment 235884

Glad I didn’t hit any speed bumps on the way!

Tight fit, I’d be nervous driving that around. It’ll look good with the lift.

When you say zero aftermarket, but can include lift to clear tires, do you mean just factory fenders and flares?

When you say zero aftermarket, but can include lift to clear tires, do you mean just factory fenders and flares?

Yes, factory everything that you can see if you were to do a walk around, so it's just a stock appearing TJ with tires that are taller & fatter (depending on the width) than what came out of the factory. Again the lift is fine, I understand the reality of some necessary lift to accommodate 33s so that's fine.

I'm heading in this direction and always looking at rigs but it's hard to find this specific combination for obvious reasons; people transition to 33 inch tires either for performance as is the case in my particular rig, which then necessitates additional modifications that are visible like more functional bumpers, winches, sliders & so forth, or it's for appearance & it seems those end up having even more non-stock bling given the philosophy of the owner. This leaves stock looking TJs with 33s a rare sight, from what I've seen most leave behind that look at the 31 inch tire size which is a great looking TJ, I'd like that same thing in a 33.

My TJ isn't far off from where its heading, it has 33s & sufficient lift so it's ready to go, parts that would have to be swapped or removed are few including the existing front bumper/winch and sliders. There are plenty of other modifications to it that are out of sight so they have no impact on the appearance.

Only thing non stock that’s visible is the wheels and headlights

View attachment 235920

that's a beauty

Reactions: TWiG01
Tight fit, I’d be nervous driving that around. It’ll look good with the lift.
I think you missed the point of my post. Top pic is with a net 3” lift from the OME kit listed. Bottom pic was just to drive to the shop because I had someone lined up to buy the stock Ravines and (original!!!) Goodyear GS/As.

Yes, factory everything that you can see if you were to do a walk around, so it's just a stock appearing TJ with tires that are taller & fatter (depending on the width) than what came out of the factory. Again the lift is fine, I understand the reality of some necessary lift to accommodate 33s so that's fine.

I'm heading in this direction and always looking at rigs but it's hard to find this specific combination for obvious reasons; people transition to 33 inch tires either for performance as is the case in my particular rig, which then necessitates additional modifications that are visible like more functional bumpers, winches, sliders & so forth, or it's for appearance & it seems those end up having even more non-stock bling given the philosophy of the owner. This leaves stock looking TJs with 33s a rare sight, from what I've seen most leave behind that look at the 31 inch tire size which is a great looking TJ, I'd like that same thing in a 33.

My TJ isn't far off from where its heading, it has 33s & sufficient lift so it's ready to go, parts that would have to be swapped or removed are few including the existing front bumper/winch and sliders. There are plenty of other modifications to it that are out of sight so they have no impact on the appearance.

that's a beauty
aside from my bumper and the sliders, its all factory on the body (in these shots) 33x10.5

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

All stock body with 4" lift, 33x12.5×15 KO2s. Milk jugs removed from front bumper. See profile pic.
that's it, correct color too :LOL:, do you have any other shots of it you can post?

I'll "one-up" you with 35s on a stock looking Jeep.;)

View attachment 236114
I'll take the green one! I've seen that one in other threads over the years, it's the holy grail as far as I can tell. I've been tinkering with the idea of painting mine green since the day I bought it. I'm torn though, although red wasn't something I thought I'd ever like it has grown on me quite a bit over the years.

And, it was pristine body-wise when I bought it 5 years ago, I went on to do a fair amount of trail damage to it over the years. That complicates things actually. On the one hand I could kill two birds with one stone with a repair & paint job, but on the other hand as it sits it's a story book & I know where ever ding & scratch came from. None of it is so bad it has to be fixed & from a good distance you can't even see most of it. If I decide to pull the trigger it'll be a game day call

Reactions: TheBoogieman
that's it, correct color too :LOL:, do you have any other shots of it you can post?

I'll take the green one! I've seen that one in other threads over the years, it's the holy grail as far as I can tell. I've been tinkering with the idea of painting mine green since the day I bought it. I'm torn though, although red wasn't something I thought I'd ever like it has grown on me quite a bit over the years.

And, it was pristine body-wise when I bought it 5 years ago, I went on to do a fair amount of trail damage to it over the years. That complicates things actually. On the one hand I could kill two birds with one stone with a repair & paint job, but on the other hand as it sits it's a story book & I know where ever ding & scratch came from. None of it is so bad it has to be fixed & from a good distance you can't even see most of it. If I decide to pull the trigger it'll be a game day call

20210116_105615.jpg

20200503_172930.jpg