Stories about the significant other...

Mon0cle

Supporting Member
So I'm taking the kids camping for the first time in the new (to me) toy. Wifey-poo has to work all weekend and she asks me if I should take hers (JKU) and she can take the "new jt". I said " My love it's a TJ, and I think we need to clarify how this ownership is going to work moving forward." I pull the curtains back and show her this outside.
IMG_20170804_191749.jpg

I get a pat on the head and she says "your lucky your cute, Looks like you spent your head light money so you can carry more shit" (kiss on the cheek) I feel this Jeep ownership is a bit lopsided...

Ha! So she gets a JKU and gets to take the TJ when she wants?

I think if my husband didn't find driving a manual a pain in the rear he would have straight up stolen my TJ by now and left me with his Grand Cherokee.

He also now finds it amusing to comment on wrangler mods when we are driving around and the best one I've heard is that he doesn't like the "unibrow" grille... which is what he calls those angry eyes grilles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever I want something for the LJ, Mom always ask "Why does My Jeep need that?" She signed the title first when we bought it. Technically it is hers, at least that the way she explains it to me!
"Honey, I'm doing it so you will have a nice beautiful Jeep and you won't get stuck!
You guys know "The Look" you get, right?

Whenever I want something for the LJ, Mom always ask "Why does My Jeep need that?" She signed the title first when we bought it. Technically it is hers, at least that the way she explains it to me!
"Honey, I'm doing it so you will have a nice beautiful Jeep and you won't get stuck!
You guys know "The Look" you get, right?
Yes, "the look" indeed. Every married individual here knows and tries to ignore "the look"

Reactions: StG58
I am VERY fortunate in that as long as the bills are paid, my wife doesn't care what I spend money on. This goes for the Jeep OR guns. :2guns:
As a bonus, she LOVES riding in the Jeep, but not driving it. Says the seat sits too low. Well I know when to take yes for an answer. :campeon2:
Earlier this year I was thinking about a set of tube doors, thinking that she might not like no doors, So of course she say "Just take the doors off and be done with it." I did.:loveyou:

I bought a 06 Rubicon last March. My wife and I have only had Moab Jeep rental experience before this purchase. We both decided after renting in Moab several times, that we needed our own. In march we were planning our late May yearly vacation to take the motorhome somewhere. We bought the Jeep to be a toad for snow birding in the future. I was in the middle of figuring out the tow issues... towbar, brakes etc. and my wonderful wife said "how about we take the Rubicon to Moab?" I said well I'm not sure I can get it ready in time. She said " well get your butt in gear, this Jeep is not going to be a garage queen!" Gotta love a woman like that!

I was working on the LJ one hot summer day, sweating like a pig and pretty much worn out, with an aching back and several new cuts and contusions (in other words, the usual). My wife saw me coming and had a tall glass of ice-cold water waiting for me on the kitchen counter. I reached for the glass and, being me, knocked it right off the edge. It turned a full vertical 360 in midair and I grabbed it just before it hit the deck, managing to retrieve it without spilling a drop (NOT the usual). I took a big drink, then turned, grinning, to my wife and said, "How 'bout those cat-like reflexes?" She smiled sweetly and replied, "And if you weren't so clumsy, you wouldn't need 'em."

I laughed so hard I blew water out my nose...

I am VERY fortunate in that as long as the bills are paid, my wife doesn't care what I spend money on. This goes for the Jeep OR guns. :2guns:
As a bonus, she LOVES riding in the Jeep, but not driving it. Says the seat sits too low. Well I know when to take yes for an answer. :campeon2:
Earlier this year I was thinking about a set of tube doors, thinking that she might not like no doors, So of course she say "Just take the doors off and be done with it." I did.:loveyou:
Get her some seat risers!

Tonight we took our weekly drive in the TJ. As we're driving to town she says, "Who's idea was it to buy this Jeep anyway?" I just gave her the thumbs up. She said, "This is the best thing we ever bought, and it does everything we need." This is coming from a girl who was given a 1996 4.6L Convertible Mustang in Plum with White Leather for her 16th birthday. It was, and still is, a unique car, but it can't touch a TJ.

Reactions: LTTJ