Storing/Protecting of Wire Harness and Tubing after Hard Top Removal

Brian Yardley

First post. This is my first Jeep w/ a hard top. I love it! Although storing the top is a pain since I have a small home. My question is: What do people do to store and protect the wire harness and tubing left on the Jeep after the top is removed? I'd love to get some sort of water/weather proof system to protect and fasten to the Jeep. What do y'all do? Thanks.

1st, Welcome to the site.

I think they came from the factory with plugs that go in the ends of the connections.

Me, I didn't so anything to them. But, if I was to go go muddin' or something, I think I'd jut get some electrical tape to wrap them up.

Reactions: Brian Yardley
X2, I do the same. No protection needed in my experience.
Interesting. I live on a busy street and will be parking outside quite a bit. The cables (both the hard top wire harness and the wires for the trailer hitch) along w/ the tube are all piled up on top of the frame. Anyone walking by could easily grab it (not sure why, but people so stupid things) AND the lip is so short it could bounce/move around. Just looking for tips to keep things "clean" and "organized". Trying to address both practical and aesthetic.

Personally, I just plugged the little water tube for the sprayer so it wouldn't leak and that's it. I never worried about it all being exposed. Afterall, think about all the wiring inside the engine compartment that gets soaked during rainstorms from the tires kicking water up inside plus all the heat that's inside there. :)

I just fold it over and tuck it back into the wiring harness. Pretty much stays put all summer.
20170719_125133.jpg

Reactions: Chris