Straightening steering wheel after track bar change

ivarr

i need the steering wheel to go about 3 or so inches to the right to be lined up again. but the adjuster sleeve is bottomed out on the pitman arm side and there's only about maybe 3/16 of threads visible on the drag link side.

so what do i do, outside of replace the entire drag link assembly ?

i need the steering wheel to go about 3 or so inches to the right to be lined up again. but the adjuster sleeve is bottomed out on the pitman arm side and there's only about maybe 3/16 of threads visible on the drag link side.

so what do i do, outside of replace the entire drag link assembly ?

Is your axle centered post new trackbar install?

Is your axle centered post new trackbar install?

did the trackbar swap on the ground, unbolt and seperate then bolt on and torque. changed nothing.
plumbed down from the fender flares to similar position on tires on both passenger and drivers side of the tj. if there's a difference it's negligible.

the adjuster sleeve is bottomed out on the pitman arm side and there's only about maybe 3/16 of threads visible on the drag link side.

It doesn't take much adjustment to move the steering wheel.
You need to disconnect one end and recenter the adjuster so there's equal threads on both sides.

If you changed nothing, then why is the steering wheel off?

i didn't touch anything else and it measures out clean.
what do you want me to say here ?

If the wheel is off after only a track bar change then the axle did indeed move. It won't get out of alignment by itself. Center the adjuster as suggested or move the axle towards the passenger side. You could also grind the ends of the adjusting collar a bit to give more compression before it bottoms

Reactions: ivarr