Strange Enhanced OBD II code and beeping

John Scoggins

TJ Enthusiast
2004 TJ, 4.0 automatic here. My daughter drives it daily and lately has said that when she is going over 60 mph sometimes the Jeep beeps (like the beep when the lights are left on) and does not stop until below 60mph. I asked if the gauges are showing ok with no check gauges light or check engine light and she said that the gauges are all nominal with no check gauges or check engine light. Also asked if the dome light is on when this happens and she doesn't think so (it has happened only during the day so she might have missed that).
I took it for a ride last night and no beeping and everything ran fine. Just for fun I hooked up my OBD II scanner and it pulled an "Enhanced Code" of (75)P02. Could not find anything about that code, has anybody seen that before or is my scanner doing some strange crap?

The P0275 code means that the fifth cylinder in your vehicle is having a contribution/balance problem. Basically, something is wrong with the way it's processing fuel.

The P0275 code means that the fifth cylinder in your vehicle is having a contribution/balance problem. Basically, something is wrong with the way it's processing fuel.

Makes more sence, not sure why my reader displayed it as (75)P02 but looks like it might be time for a tune up....