Stripped unit bearing bolts

Glad you got it solved. Now you can rest easy. Its a good feeling :)
Unfortunately that was not the worst thing that happened. I read that you can have someone press the brakes to stop the hub from spinning when trying to remove the axle nut, so I decided to try that. Me being an idiot did not realize that I had already taken the caliper off one side. So I was pressing the brakes for a while and I must have overextended the piston on my caliper, I could not get it back in with a ball joint press.

Based on what I read I decided to replace both calipers to be safe. I also decided to replace my rotors, pads, and unit bearings while I was at it (especially after my wheel fell off while driving a few days ago). I wanted to get some from black magic but did not want to wait for it to come in the mail so I bought some from advance auto, hoping they're decent enough.

Unfortunately that was not the worst thing that happened. I read that you can have someone press the brakes to stop the hub from spinning when trying to remove the axle nut, so I decided to try that. Me being an idiot did not realize that I had already taken the caliper off one side. So I was pressing the brakes for a while and I must have overextended the piston on my caliper, I could not get it back in with a ball joint press.

Based on what I read I decided to replace both calipers to be safe. I also decided to replace my rotors, pads, and unit bearings while I was at it (especially after my wheel fell off while driving a few days ago). I wanted to get some from black magic but did not want to wait for it to come in the mail so I bought some from advance auto, hoping they're decent enough.
Sorry to hear that. Bonus is everything is new! You don't need BM brakes on stock setup. The brakes work just fine

Reactions: Cheetokps
I have another question, this is how the inside of my axle housing looks after I took the shaft out.
IMG_0247.jpg

Is all the rust and stuff in there an issue? And any tips on cleaning it out? I saw the trick to use a long tube and some rags to push it all through but since I do not have my seals out it would not work. Maybe just a shopvac and something to scrape out back with to get as much as I can?

I have another question, this is how the inside of my axle housing looks after I took the shaft out.
View attachment 242705

Is all the rust and stuff in there an issue? And any tips on cleaning it out? I saw the trick to use a long tube and some rags to push it all through but since I do not have my seals out it would not work. Maybe just a shopvac and something to scrape out back with to get as much as I can?
If you aren't going to pull the carrier and seals then I would just leave it. Shouldn't be an issue. If you do replace seals eventually then I would use the pipe/rag to clean it out.

I had to remove the boot on my u joint to get it to fit in and installed it backwards when I put it back on. Is it okay like that, or am i going to gave to take the u joint out again to fix it
403E8F5E-FB8B-4111-9728-B7E9D630A987.jpeg

Fix it. There is a lip on there that seals on the lip if the cap to keep contaminants out. Fix it now or it will become a problem in short order.