Stuck on fuel tank issue for my 1999 TJ

SteamRollin

Fuel tank on my 99 TJ was having a difficult time filling and I’ve fixed other vehicles in the past that have had the same issue. My prior research pointed me to a plastic spring loaded valve that would stick open and cause the gas to burp back when refilling. I dropped the tank then removed to fuel pump and reach inside to remove the plastic valve but upon trying to remove it I discovered it was not the same valve that the newer TJs in all the videos I’ve watched were working with. It unfortunately broke apart on me as I continued to try to remove it. The valve only consisted of a spring and a white plastic ball. If I didn’t know a better I would’ve thought that this valve was built in to the fuel tank but I don’t know that for sure. How do I fix this? I clearly am unable to remove the older style valve. Do I have to buy an entire replacement tank or do I even need that valve to be fixed? Please advise if anyone else has dealt with this on the older TJs. Thanks in advance. Also what is the name of that valve?

9D68AFFF-BD09-4197-8B20-DF4FD418FECA.jpeg