Stuck window bolts

Zach O'Neill

Ok , so I know my mistakes , I didn’t do my research , went at my window bolts wirh force and stripped two of them completely out. The first two I done came out first try completely fine , the second ones however have completely stripped. To cut a long story short I’m now stuck with extractors in both and not a clue how to get them out. I tried heating them , tried making a notch and trying to walk it out like people suggest but all that done was slip and scratch the paint. I’m at a loss here , can anyone suggest anything ? Or do you think this will need a nut welded on at a shop?

7618E79C-3706-4D46-B01F-34EA6F31F613.jpeg

You drilled them and broke off the eazy outs in the holes? If so that will be a BF to remove or near impossible to drill the hardened ez's. If thats the case try to gently use a very narrow pointed punch and you may be able to knock out the broken ez out peices. If you can do that then Id drill them gently until you can retap the holes to the correct size and move on with new anti seized screws.

The easy out is a really hard and brittle metal. Good and bad. The good is you take a punch and big hammer and bit by bit punch out little pieces until they all come out and in a lot of cases falls out. The bad…….they snap off easily as you can see. The torx bolt that you’ve stripped out will either need drilling the head off and hope you can grab the screw and spin it out or grab another easy out and go at it again. Tough place to work out.

Thanks I’ll try and get rid of the extractor and try from there. I’m trying to get them off to install doors off mirrors , for some reason none of the ones that slot into the hinges fit on my tj? I’ve tried loads of different ones and nothing works so that’s how I ended up with these. The first two on the other side were fine and came out perfectly, I got to the other side and noticed the head was already decently mangled. I presume someone got the first two out in the past hence how easy they came out and then messed up the other side , so when I went to try they were already really far gone before I started