Stupid cold weather

foresterdj

Supporting Member
Has been super cold this week. Has not been above zero for a week. Have had morning lows generally -35 to -42.

Subaru Forester quit working Friday, had it towed to shop.

2015 Silverado stopped shifting Saturday, has appointment at shop next week.

Down to my third rig, the TJ. It has been running ok, but so cold the shift lever boot is so stiff that pushing over and back pops it out of the base. Once cabin is warm I can snap it back in place. The next time when it is cold it pops out again.

Waiting for that global warming to kick in.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog, JMT and Tob
I could not function in that temp!! :ROFLMAO:

It's been below 20 here (TN) for the past couple of days and we still have a more to go, I don't understand people that enjoy this crap. We did get some snow and its fun to play in for a day or so, but then I'm ready for 85 and sunshine again.

I could not function in that temp!! :ROFLMAO:

It's been below 20 here (TN) for the past couple of days and we still have a more to go, I don't understand people that enjoy this crap. We did get some snow and its fun to play in for a day or so, but then I'm ready for 85 and sunshine again.
I’m stuck in Memphis right now for work,and I’m living my best life in a hotel. I don’t care for the single digit temps or below freezing windchills

I could not function in that temp!!
Apparently, neither can his vehicles.

In all honesty, are they just not starting? Or is the cold forcing something to break sending them to the shop? I've never seen temperatures like that before so not sure.

Damn, that's cold. I only experienced that kind of weather after the Air Force sent me to North Dakota and it was a real eye opener for a SoCal boy. You guys are a hardy bunch living inside a big freezer all winter.
It got so cold here once our words froze ..we had to thaw them out in a pan and unscramble the letters.

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc Guy
Damn, that's cold. I only experienced that kind of weather after the Air Force sent me to North Dakota and it was a real eye opener for a SoCal boy. You guys are a hardy bunch living inside a big freezer all winter.

Same, I spent my last year in the AF in Minot. My first weekend there (mid-November) came along a nasty storm that blew snow so hard it packed my engine bay. It was not unusual to see -40, and the cold could move in so fast it caused a lot of black ice on the roads in the spring. I was pretty glad to put that weather in my rear view mirror.

I just came in from an hour of snow blowing and thawed out enough to read this. :) I think it's all a matter of what you grew up with and are used to. I would have a hard time living in the heat of the south. I have a friend whose husband was transferred to Houston. She lasted for about 6 months, came home and filed for a divorce! Another friend moved out to Vancouver and couldn't stand the rain ... same result! Maybe that was their spouses plan. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: boostedv6