Subaru kicks Wrangler's ass

Westtown, let me explain the difference between the TJ General Discussion and General Jeep Discussions.

Last edited:
First off it’s looks like a JL. Next let’s take a Wrangler and drive it in what amounts to baby trails that I could drive most any vehicle over and compare it. The Subaru should have been compared to a Grand Cherokee or something like that

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
If you want to compare a Jeep vehicle to the that Subaru they should have compared it to a Renegade or Compass or Cherokee. To compare it to a Wrangler is ludicrous.

My stock Renegade will smoke that Subaru.

IMG_1094.JPG

I can't believe I watched the whole thing. I did learn a few things about the Crosstrek. The wife and I had talked about someday replacing her Forester with one but but the windshield is so sloped I have to duck down to see some traffic lights, so probably another Forester. I also learned that these guys, especially the one in the Crosstrek, really have no idea what they would have to do to get that Crosstrek pulled out if there was something out there that they may have never even seen in person...MUD!!

lol, we did rougher trials in my buddy's old Ford Tempo when we were teenagers :)

while the Crosstrek does look like a nice vehicle it would take nothing for the Wrangler to leave it behind once the going got rougher.

Reactions: MangoTango
The crosstrek is a nice little suv, just bought one for my son as he is NH for college....yes it is smaller but he is only 5'4" so proportionately it fits perfect. For my 225 lb frame not so much.

I didn't make it through the whole clip but it did give me a good laugh.

We have a 2015 Subaru Outback. It kicks our Wranglers ass any day of the week in the snow, no question about it. But, the Wrangler in general isn't a great snow vehicle to begin with. Having actual snow tires would certainly help, but even then, the Subaru with all season tires has so many on-board systems that it corrects you so well in the snow. First time driving it in the snow (a real blizzard too) with the all season tires, I was shocked at how well that thing drove. It inspires a whole new level of confidence.

But that's about where it ends. The Wrangler will tackle all the other terrain better than the Subaru, and do it with loads more ground clearance as well (well, at least with my 5" lift and tummy tuck on 35s).

You can't compared the two vehicles at all, it's 100% apples and oranges. Different tools for different jobs. No one vehicle is going to be perfect at everything. That video is just clickbait.

lol, we did rougher trials in my buddy's old Ford Tempo when we were teenagers :)

Back in the early 80's my buddy had a 60's Rambler that he got for $100. He took a magic marker, wrote "4x4" at the appropriate spots on the side of it and we drove that thing everywhere except a paved road. Called it the Midnight Rambler and had a lot of fun. I feel bad for kids these days. They all have to have new vehicles and there's so much that they'll never get to experience.

Reactions: Jack72 and Squatch
We have a 2015 Subaru Outback. It kicks our Wranglers ass any day of the week in the snow, no question about it. But, the Wrangler in general isn't a great snow vehicle to begin with. Having actual snow tires would certainly help, but even then, the Subaru with all season tires has so many on-board systems that it corrects you so well in the snow. First time driving it in the snow (a real blizzard too) with the all season tires, I was shocked at how well that thing drove. It inspires a whole new level of confidence.

But that's about where it ends. The Wrangler will tackle all the other terrain better than the Subaru, and do it with loads more ground clearance as well (well, at least with my 5" lift and tummy tuck on 35s).

You can't compared the two vehicles at all, it's 100% apples and oranges. Different tools for different jobs. No one vehicle is going to be perfect at everything. That video is just clickbait.

Totally agree. For city/hwy driving in snowy conditions I'd pick Subaru over the Jeep. They are just really areare fantas on snow. Put winter tires on them and they are all you need in the city. I've already made up my get a used Subaru Outback if and when my Mazda dies.

Last edited: