Suggestions for aftermarket fender flares

Alex05

TJ Enthusiast
I'm looking to replace my tired/sun-faded fenders this Spring. Does anyone have any suggestions on some quality aftermarket fenders? There are some products from Rugged Ridge, Bushwacker, and Quadratec, but they all look more or less the same.
Ultimately I'm just looking for a quality product; Made in the USA would be ideal, but not a requirement.

Look into MCE, they seem to be the best option for aftermarket fender flares.

You won't find any factory style replacement fender flares that are made in the USA. They are all made in China and marketed under different names (i.e. Crown, Rugged Ridge, OMIX-ADA, etc.), therefore they are all the same, just with a different brand name slapped on them and iffy fitment issues.

Reactions: D M and Tob
Look into MCE, they seem to be the best option for aftermarket fender flares.

You won't find any factory style replacement fender flares that are made in the USA. They are all made in China and marketed under different names (i.e. Crown, Rugged Ridge, OMIX-ADA, etc.), therefore they are all the same, just with a different brand name slapped on them and iffy fitment issues.
MCE does look really nice, but I would like to retain the factory side-marker lights.
I agree with your sentiment on Crown, Rugged Ridge, etc. These all basically seem like the same product.
I should have clarified more in my OP; What's most important to me is quality, ease of installation (I would like to avoid drilling), and retaining side-marker lights. I'm not terribly concerned about cost.

MCE does look really nice, but I would like to retain the factory side-marker lights.
I agree with your sentiment on Crown, Rugged Ridge, etc. These all basically seem like the same product.
I should have clarified more in my OP; What's most important to me is quality, ease of installation (I would like to avoid drilling), and retaining side-marker lights. I'm not terribly concerned about cost.
In that case, your only good option is to buy a set of used factory flares and refinish them.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I'm looking to replace my tired/sun-faded fenders this Spring.
Krylon Fusion paint.
RED JEEP (2).jpg

Reactions: mikespine and D M
Also just to clarify, I'm not opposed to the Rugged Ridge/Bushwacker/Crown/Quadratec options, and those all have side marker lights. Just wondering if those are actually good products/can anyone speak to their experience with them.
I'm trying to move to 6" fenders so that the tires are completely covered up. Helps a lot when riding around with the top off. The BFG's I run stick out well past the factory fenders.

Also just to clarify, I'm not opposed to the Rugged Ridge/Bushwacker/Crown/Quadratec options, and those all have side marker lights. Just wondering if those are actually good products/can anyone speak to their experience with them.
I'm trying to move to 6" fenders so that the tires are completely covered up. Helps a lot when riding around with the top off. The BFG's I run stick out well past the factory fenders.

I like the factory style and have had these on my TJ for about 3.5 years now.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_5006_07.htm
They replaced the factory flares that were faded, chalky and brittle, and have held up well in the time I've had them. in the last year, they've lost a little of the deep black 'luster' they originally had, but it comes right back with a little 303 (I apply it probably once every 3-4 months). They're sturdy and have shown no signs of deterioration or getting brittle.

I like the factory style and have had these on my TJ for about 3.5 years now.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_5006_07.htm
They replaced the factory flares that were faded, chalky and brittle, and have held up well in the time I've had them. in the last year, they've lost a little of the deep black 'luster' they originally had, but it comes right back with a little 303 (I apply it probably once every 3-4 months). They're sturdy and have shown no signs of deterioration or getting brittle.
The customer pics on that webpage - on the blue Jeep they look much wider than stock. Can’t really tell on the gray Jeep. Are they wider?

Cool that they come with new mounting hardware.

After 20 years and some subtle hints from forum members, I finally got up the motivation to replace my flares. I decided to go with Rugged Ridge which appears to be owned by the same company as OMIX & Crown. I've had pretty good luck with their products and decided to stick with them but am sure they are all pretty much the same.

The fit was spot on. Some reviews indicate fit issues but all of the holes lined up just about perfectly for me. There may be some slight warping if you view it straight on but it's very minor and I'm sure it will conform over time.

I thought about repainting but would have had to remove them to do that anyway so replacing seemed like a no brainer. I don't remember the originals ever looking this black but they are pretty much exactly the same as the factory ones I took off. I also hit them with 303 protectant so they will hopefully last a while.

IMG_1440.jpg

The customer pics on that webpage - on the blue Jeep they look much wider than stock. Can’t really tell on the gray Jeep. Are they wider?

Cool that they come with new mounting hardware.
The ones I have are stock non Rubicon/Sahara width. They do sell the 6" wide version also.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_504_07.htm.

I think on some of these sites, where multiple versions of a product are sold, they don't always distinguish the different versions in reviews or pictures.

Here they are on my TJ with 31/10.5 r15 tires and 3.75" backspacing for reference. As they sit now, the outer edge of the tread is just under 2" beyond the flares and if you measure to the outermost/widest point on the sidewall, a total of ~2.5" is exposed beyond the flares. So the wider version would cover the entire 10.5" wide tire.

20190316_140155.jpg

It seems like the general preference is the factory/Crown options?
Can anyone speak to how they felt about the visual change of going from the 3.25" to 6" of tire coverage? For whatever reason, I really dig the look of the tires sticking out significantly past the stock fenders, but I think I would probably dig more that dirt/road debris doesn't get flung inside the cabin when the top is off.

It seems like the general preference is the factory/Crown options?
Can anyone speak to how they felt about the visual change of going from the 3.25" to 6" of tire coverage? For whatever reason, I really dig the look of the tires sticking out significantly past the stock fenders, but I think I would probably dig more that dirt/road debris doesn't get flung inside the cabin when the top is off.
I went with the OMIX factory replacement (3.75 I think) and don't like them. I have a Rocky Mountain Edition and I believe those came with flares that are 1" wider because the OMIX ones are smaller even though they are supposed to be factory width. Fitment could have been better, there is ever so slight warping on some of the pieces if you look at them from the top down. Nothing major but I will likely re paint my factory flares and call it a day. Mopar fit was much better IMO.