Suggestions for rear coil spring bracket replacement

SaharaBound

TJ Enthusiast
Hey all so if you didn’t see my last thread I was going to instal a 2” OME spring lift...
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ome-933-949-coil-spring-install-any-advice.37948/
Well plans changed my rear coil spring brackets are shot!
BB37B2F3-2687-4604-90BA-A8AD330F2E18.jpeg

Has anyone tried the doorman replacement brackets?
050E414E-10DF-47F2-B126-249F9440B0BC.jpeg

https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproduct...CRASM2OLXtgboXz74s8aAuq0EALw_wcB#immersedview

Well I went with my gut and purchased them. Found a local welder that deals with rusty Jeeps that said he can do the job just bring them over. Unfortunately he is booked for the next 2 months, so I guess onto the next mod until then haha.
3B3D9DCD-F6A0-44D9-B765-D34189D8A1FF.jpeg
AA521621-C2B3-4856-A7DF-E7C441E94F01.jpeg

They are decently thick steel and so is the frame. I'd hard scribe the old ones on the frame, grind them off and burn in the new ones myself if you have even basic welding talent, or prep everything and ask a buddy to burn them in. 2 months and it'll be Fall already! Can the old ones last until then? Or will you be down the whole time? It should be a pretty easy 1 day job (including beverage breaks).

They are decently thick steel and so is the frame. I'd hard scribe the old ones on the frame, grind them off and burn in the new ones myself if you have even basic welding talent, or prep everything and ask a buddy to burn them in. 2 months and it'll be Fall already! Can the old ones last until then? Or will you be down the whole time? It should be a pretty easy 1 day job (including beverage breaks).

Man I wish I had welding talent or a friend that knew how to weld or even a garage haha. I do most my work in my apartment parking lot, so welding myself is out of the question. Luckily the old ones will last. They probably can even last a couple more years if I don’t touch them, but I know once I try to remove the old bump stops The top plate is going to just crumble.

Hopefully you will find a garage or buddy in those few years! Even a 1 car garage can be enough to get most repairs accomplished in.