Suggestions on finding full metal doors?

Bsnow001

Supporting Member
I currently have half doors on my flame red TJ and am wanting to find full metal doors for it. I have considered hard uppers but would much prefer full doors. Any suggestions on where to find some? It seems they are pretty difficult to find. I would even be willing to trade my half doors for the full metal doors.

X2 on Craigslist. That’s how I found mine. They were a rust free set and I had them painted. If I was more patient I could have found a red pair to match my TJ and saved the cost of the paint job.

I'd also check out jeep specific scrap yards, Davey's Jeeps and Midwest Jeeps are two that may be worth looking at. There might be a few closer to you on Google. Also look at Car-part.com

Reactions: Bsnow001
If you end up selling those half doors I am looking for a set in flame red.
Looks like I may have found some full doors. If I sold you my half doors what would be the best way for me to get them to you? I’ve not done this before.

Looks like I may have found some full doors. If I sold you my half doors what would be the best way for me to get them to you? I’ve not done this before.

I'm glad you found doors!

I never shipped doors before but I have shipped quite a few other items. I would first make sure that they're washed, clean, and dry to prevent any grit from grinding into the paint during transport. Then I would wrap them each in a garbage bag and wrap each in cardboard (creating a sandwich of sorts) to prevent any damage to them if they shift around. Lastly you'll need a large box to fit them in. In that box I'd use packing paper or bubbles if you can find some that are strong enough and won't pop due to the weight of the doors. Pack them tight enough that they won't move or shake around during transport. Thankfully half doors are smaller than full doors.

If you want to PM me we can discuss details.