Surface Rust: Rustoleum Rust Dissolver

BigDes

Taking care of some surface rust on my LJ and this stuff works wonders! Rustoleum Rust Dissolver. All I did was spray it on, spread it with a brush, let it sit and sprayed it off. Just thought I'd let y'all know. I'm sure it is similar to krud kutter, pretty sure I spelled that right.
20200920_175841.jpg

Last edited:
Taking care of some surface rust on my LJ and this stuff works wonders! Rustoleum Rust Dissolver. All I did was sprayed it on spread it with a brush, let it sit and sprayed it off. Just thought I'd let y'all know. I'm sure it is similar to krud kutter, pretty sure I spelled that right.
View attachment 190995
I have used the same stuff to soak bolts and other parts and it does work well. We’re you using this underneath or on areas of the body that had rust? I have some rusty hinges and areas under bolts

We’re you using this underneath or on areas of the body that had rust?
I didn't use it on the body of the jeep but I did use it on some painted areas of my Civic that I'm going to sell and it looks WAY better and looks to not have harmed the paint if that is what you are wondering. Proceed with caution though!

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
I didn't use it on the body of the jeep but I did use it on some painted areas of my Civic that I'm going to sell and it looks WAY better and looks to not have harmed the paint if that is what you are wondering. Proceed with caution though!
Yes you nailed my question that I didn’t ask. I just have some small surface rust areas that I have considered given a scrub. It’s just my OCD lol. Made a big difference for ya!

Reactions: BigDes
My door sill guards rusted and one fell off, and the rust streaked down over the paint under the doors. Would this take the rust streaks off, or would it kill my paint too? It looks like the body and paint are in good shape underneath, and the rust was only on the guards.

I have to take my rock sliders off and clean them up too. This would be great for that. They are rusty as hell and somebody painted over them to try to hide it, like you can't see the all the rust bubbles under the paint. :rolleyes:

@BigDes i hit some spots in mine today with the same stuff, not in spray form and it was a nice easy task with a good payoff. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Reactions: BigDes
My door sill guards rusted and one fell off, and the rust streaked down over the paint under the doors. Would this take the rust streaks off, or would it kill my paint too? It looks like the body and paint are in good shape underneath, and the rust was only on the guards.

I have to take my rock sliders off and clean them up too. This would be great for that. They are rusty as hell and somebody painted over them to try to hide it, like you can't see the all the rust bubbles under the paint. :rolleyes:
I just used it on my paint and had no issues. I use the stuff and drop bolts and all sorts of items in it. You could get a large pan or Rubbermaid container and soak those rails and the rust will come off. You would obviously want to repaint or do whatever once the rust is gone. I actually soaked a good bit of my hi-lift, it was stupid rusty from the PO

Reactions: BigDes and anarce