Survival Food?

Sounds good - I'm finding that MREs are only good for 5 years storage.

I prefer the philosophy of storing food that you regularly use and rotate, that way it doesn't go bad. Another plus is that in an emergency you'll be eating somewhat normal food instead of a complete change in diet.

I bulk up on rolled oats, rice, and cornmeal. Stuff I eat every day that lasts a long time.

Yes. Much better. Especially when using the oxygen absorbers.
You can even get different mil thickness of the bags, so there's even less flow of air over time and less resistant to puncture.

Glass is even better. Vacuum sealers are great in say a freezer though and I've eaten meat several years old that never had any freezer burn. I have found some with freezer burn too and that doesn't taste good, but it won't hurt you and dry that stuff out, throw it back in the freezer and dish it out as you need to for pet treats. I guess some people do the raw pet food, but that typically takes time to transition a dog to from dry pet food.

Reactions: Rick Flair
don't forget your honey, a great carb and lasts forever...
I try to stock up on canned meats and freeze dried meats, since protein is a bit hard to acquire sometimes. I'm not sure about protein powder, it's just never been something that I found effective in my use, but it's an option that should be easy to bulk up and store for awhile.

You can even get different mil thickness of the bags, so there's even less flow of air over time and less resistant to puncture.

Glass is even better. Vacuum sealers are great in say a freezer though and I've eaten meat several years old that never had any freezer burn. I have found some with freezer burn too and that doesn't taste good, but it won't hurt you and dry that stuff out, throw it back in the freezer and dish it out as you need to for pet treats. I guess some people do the raw pet food, but that typically takes time to transition a dog to from dry pet food.
Sous vide

Ya, these used to acceptable reading too…,,
1626464412597.jpeg

Testosterone pills for guys over 25 (now).
I've always had a chicken or the egg question with that kind of stuff. Part of me does wonder if it's from eating too much, maybe genetic and another part of me thinks that guys need to start acting like men and maybe trying doing some work with less complaining, getting married and staying very active in the bedroom even if things get a bit weird.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rick Flair and WSS
I've always had a chicken or the egg question with that kind of stuff. Part of me does wonder if it's from eating too much, maybe genetic and another part of me thinks that guys need to start acting like men and maybe trying doing some work with less complaining, getting married and staying very active in the bedroom even if things get a bit weird.
I think you nailed it. In 1948, the average T level in a 30yo male was 2500. Today a normal T level is 500-800. We are making sissies. I say this with care and love, not sarcasm or hate. No wonder they are confused. Sit, stand, crawl to pee. LOL

A few weeks ago, my son had some of his friends overnight to go to a amusemnet park the next day. I figured I could lure them out by lighting off some firecrackers, nope! Just my son was salivating to blow stuff up. The others said to video it and they would watch it on there phones.

You mention the food, soy and sugar are probably responsible. I am not the "model" male and I know I need to change some habits.

I'm on the low side of "normal" for my age as far as testosterone goes (insert jokes here, I'm pitching easy ones today). Doc asked me if I wanted supplements. Nope. As far as I'm concerned, testosterone is the hormone of death if you have prostate cancer in your family history. My father died of prostate cancer, I do *NOT* want to go that way...

I'm on the low side of "normal" for my age as far as testosterone goes (insert jokes here, I'm pitching easy ones today). Doc asked me if I wanted supplements. Nope. As far as I'm concerned, testosterone is the hormone of death if you have prostate cancer in your family history. My father died of prostate cancer, I do *NOT* want to go that way...
My Dad went through Prostate cancer. All his papers are stamped "agent orange", so far he has hit every branch on the way down. I felt awful for him when he had to do the T suppression therapy. He decided to stop the therapy and let the body regulate, much better now. He can lift his arms over his head again, likes to shoot again, etc. I still won't let him lift and work like he used to at my shop.

My Dad went through Prostate cancer. All his papers are stamped "agent orange", so far he has hit every branch on the way down. I felt awful for him when he had to do the T suppression therapy. He decided to stop the therapy and let the body regulate, much better now. He can lift his arms over his head again, likes to shoot again, etc. I still won't let him lift and work like he used to at my shop.
Yea, my dad went through the suppression therapy, watched his diet, had his prostate removed, etc, etc. He was in his mid 60s. Back then they didn't do followup radiation or chemo - so 20 years later the cancer came back and killed him. Males in my family generally go from heart attacks - which seems to me to be far better than what he went through. *shudder*

If I come down with Prostate cancer, I want the MOST aggressive treatment possible. Take it all out as far as I'm concerned.

Speaking of these other "things", what preps do you guys make for things like meds, etc?

I have a bunch of antibiotics on hand. I bought them years ago when you could get them on ebay (the fish antibiotics). Mine are expired now and I need to refresh this stock. I can no longer find injectable lidocaine either.

How about families with a diabetic in it? Or other long term medicine needs?

Yea, my dad went through the suppression therapy, watched his diet, had his prostate removed, etc, etc. He was in his mid 60s. Back then they didn't do followup radiation or chemo - so 20 years later the cancer came back and killed him. Males in my family generally go from heart attacks - which seems to me to be far better than what he went through. *shudder*

If I come down with Prostate cancer, I want the MOST aggressive treatment possible. Take it all out as far as I'm concerned.
My dda surgery was about 7yrs ago, it was a robotic surgery with cryo treatment immediately afterward. He never did radiation but did do 5 rds of chemo (that alone is a butt kicker). The treatment today is way better than even 7yrs ago. Success rate is higher and the ability to "perform" is usually maintained now if the whole enchilada is not infected.

Reactions: Zorba
I haven't been tested for it, but I do wonder what my level would be. My wife and I have been working on kids for years now and I really have been feeling very drained and a lot less fire since she's been on me almost like a vampire.

I have done other tests related more specifically to reproduction and though it took me months to get a window of 3 days my test was on the low side. I didn't spend the time ahead properly and instead spent those days with the wife at her moms and did a lot of drinking. Plus that test is a bit awkward especially with my wife treating me like I was cheating on her (and in the car waiting for so I could drop off the specimen), much harder test than I imagined ESPECIALLY with the COVID protocols and I even went in originally not knowing about the 3 days and had some little 18 year old girl point me to a public bathroom. I felt bailed out with the 3 day window.

They offered to do other tests which I think would have measured hormone levels, but with the COVID procedures everything has just become stupid and expensive and my doctor said he couldn't really do anything anyway so I skipped that test.