Suspension feels extremely loose

Kauai jeep

Hello, we just purchase this Beauty but there a huge driving hazard. The suspension feels way too loose. I was looking around and notice the shocks are fully exteded as far as i can think the coils are the only ones working. Any Advice.
B900CE4B-3142-4CCC-AAE6-E7AD4C35D839.jpeg
E53BC3A5-BFB1-43EA-A25A-7F6E955036FE.jpeg

FF01568B-4AA3-470D-A1C3-343673D31CBC.jpeg

5BE8866B-3B05-4A26-A5AE-3AE45FDC4CE3.jpeg

Sounds like the PO put in a lift and didn't upgrade the shocks to match. Easy answer, put in the correct length shocks. You should also check all of the other suspension components to make sure that nothing is worn or missing. Jeeps tend to get used hard, have short wheelbases, oversized tires and a high center of gravity- all of which require methodical maintenance to ensure safety.

Pull the shock boots off (they do more harm than good) and measure the exposed shaft, then measure the distance between the spring pad on the axle and the upper bump stop. Don't include the jounce bumper in that measurement though as they compress.

Also, what size tires and what air pressure is in them? Report back with what you find.

Reactions: Allstar424
Can you describe your "loose" feeling? Is it a sensation that the axles are wandering while your driving? Is it mushy around corners or over bumps?

My initial thought is to double check your trackbars and make sure they are torqued to spec.

Have you pushed down briskly on the bumpers and see if it bounces? It’s dumb but it’ll show if the shocks are mitigating any of the spring action.
Have you pushed down briskly on the bumpers and see if it bounces? It’s dumb but it’ll show if the shocks are mitigating any of the spring action.
The shocks all fully exteded on flat

Yes, sitting on a flat surface i push down on bumper and only the springs are doing the work shock are fully exteded even after buncing it up and down side to side.plus i can move the shocks side by side with my hands.

Sorry for the late post i was having password issuesa🤦🏼‍♂️

The shocks have no pressure at all. They dont expand or compress.
7AEDEFF0-9DDF-4686-BDBC-D3A86AB45F71.jpeg