Swapping HVAC with A/C form a 2001 TJ into a 98 TJ

Impaqsol

I have a 98 TJ with no A/C. I found a HVAC with A/C, but its a 2001 HVAC. Just need to know if the 98 TJ's with A/C HVAC still uses the cable from HVAC to Control ?

I have a 98 TJ with no A/C. I found a HVAC with A/C, but its a 2001 HVAC. Just need to know if the 98 TJ's with A/C HVAC still uses the cable from HVAC to Control ?
97 and 98 are the only 2 years with the dash slider cable setup and 99 up have the rotary dials.

Thanks, my question is: if the hvac w/ac on the 98 is still with cable also, instead of vacuum ?
97 and 98 are the only 2 years with the dash slider cable setup and 99 up have the rotary dials.
my question is, if the 98 hvac still has not work with the cable instead of vacuum ?

Thanks, my question is: if the hvac w/ac on the 98 is still with cable also, instead of vacuum ?

my question is, if the 98 hvac still has not work with the cable instead of vacuum ?
The 97 & 98 AC systems are not compatible with the 99 and later Jeeps. Probably could be done with a donor Jeep and a bit of aggravation.