Switching to black fender flares

Johnnie Hough

I have a 2006 Jeep TJ, the color is kinda brown or khaki it has kind of brown or khaki fender flairs, I would like to replace the original flairs with black ones.

I have searched the interweb, but am not sure what is correct. I do not want to change any thing but the color.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Johnnie

www.quadratec.com
It’s your new best friend!

3CC8A0F8-9A1C-4964-8124-6536EBAF8B5D.jpeg

00AB71FB-FDC8-47D6-A23F-C8BBD0A84CB1.jpeg

I’m actually considering painting mine or getting them line-x’d, but I found these and they are pretty cheap.

I have a set going on my Rubicon tomorrow. Yanked my wider ones .

I wouldn't bother with new flares. The black ones you will buy to replace them will fade in no time, especially if you live in a warm state with lots of sun.

My suggestion is to do what @mrblaine does and prep your flares properly, spray them with SEM Landau Black, then spray them with SEM Low Luster Clear Coat.

You'll get a finish that is almost a dead-on match to the factory black flares, and can be easily touched up at any point in the future.

They key in changing your flares to black will be good prep work, as is the key to any good paint job.

For what it's worth, SEM makes some of the best (if not THE best) spray paint I've ever used in my life. I've talked to a number of professional painters who have agreed with me on that one as well. Their spray paint is very forgiving, has a very nice spray pattern, and lays down a very, very nice looking finish. Every time I've used their paint I've been so impressed with how it turns out.

I have a set going on my Rubicon tomorrow. Yanked my wider ones .
Do you want to sell the rubicon flares? If that’s what yer yankin!

I did a search on the Omix-ADA flares and Extreme Terrain said they no longer carried them, but carried the below

RedRock 4x4 6-Piece Replacement Style Fender Flares

Does any one have any experience with the RedRock brand?

Thanks
Johnnie

you can just post what you are looking for on some of the jeep pages on FB. Lot's of people take them off and sell them for nothing to $50 range. I sold mine for $50 not long ago and they were in great shape.